1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Quick question about skinning.

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Skutarth, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

I'm having a bit of trouble with team skins. I'm trying to add normal and CTF4 support for U2Skaarj (by EvilEngine), since the skins for it are already there. I also want to add CTF4 to U2Soldiers (also by EvilEngine) for the same reason. I don't understand what I need to change or add to get this working, so I come here to ask how to do it. Any answer, example or tutorial that explains this would be greatly appreciated!

[EDIT]:
    I'm asking about doing this in UT2004 (I didn't specify which game). Also, I won't re-release the packs without permission from EvilEngine... I'm mostly doing this for my own personal use.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  2. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

It surely can't be hard... I just can't figure it out! Can anybody at least link me to a tutorial?

3. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

Klasnic has done another Pack of U2 Marines with 4 teamcolors.
    Here are two downloadlinks for the Pack :
    Fileworks
    Softpedia

Download them and take a look at the files , it might help to see what you have to do .

4. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

[Pimp]Which includes my very cool Unreal2 Marine voicepack[/Pimp]

:)

5. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

That's not exactly what I was looking for... He did a great job, but I'm a real fan of the U2 and I love the original skins. Not necessarily because I like EE's better, but I'm more for the original. I already have this pack, but I still don't understand how the team skins were assigned to the team colors. This still leaves my problem with U2Skaarj unsolved, though. If klasnic decides to make another run around the forums and sees this post, perhaps he can give me some insight on how he did his.

6. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

Even with my lack of constructive answers, I finally managed to find out how to do it. I created CTF4 skins for Xanoid to practice. I plan to release it with his permission.

Again: Thanks for nothing!

P.S. SaD, you're no exception! You didn't actually answer my question, and it still wasn't a solution to U2Skaarj.

7. SaD

I have no skinning experience , so it was a try to help you that way.
    Anyways , glad you made it . :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  8. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

Darn klasnic. I've seen him run around the answering posts in the forums more than once and not even view this thread since its creation. Instead, he chose only to answer the threads with names that are painfully misspelled, all caps, and don't use any form of punctuation. I really don't see why I get less help than them!

Even so, I'd still like to see a tutorial about shaders. I still don't quite understand the concepts of them, yet...
    Besides... I don't want to start again on modelling until I know fully how to skin. I need to learn the format used in the UnrealEngine2. It's structured and done very well, but not very user friendly.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  9. SaD

If you are acting so rude , it´s no wonder you get no replies.

10. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

Hey! Three days; no answer... I just love watching my post keep falling down the list to be forgotten...
    Perhaps it is because of my "newbie" status? Trust me... I have been trolling these forums for a long time. Trust me... it just took me until now to actually post. I was just expecting a better answer than what I got.

I'm understandably mad. Heck... this post may make you madder! That wasn't my original intention, though. I'm sorry if you've been offended. I guess I've been hotheaded as of late, and I should be more patient for my answers...

Again: Sorry. I've just been talking out my ass.

11. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

Thanks for putting up the new pack, despite my being retarded.

[EDIT]: It got deleted from BeyondUnreal's FileWorks? What's going on? I got permission from him...

[EDIT]: I shot an email at them to find out what's going on.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005