1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Question on the name "Duffers"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [FF]LilBlackDemon, Dec 18, 2003.

1. [FF]LilBlackDemon

[FF]LilBlackDemon [FF] LilBlackDemon

Does the name "Duffers" have anything to do with Duffer's Diner & Mini-Golf in Wildwood, NJ? I used to go there every year as a kid, and I'd love to see a mod of it.

2. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

I assume that the name was derived from the slang describing a "mediocre" golfer.

3. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

That would be correct. Think of it as the "Average Joe's" golf game.

4. [FF]LilBlackDemon

[FF]LilBlackDemon [FF] LilBlackDemon

you guys should try to get a hold of the people that have the real mini-golf place in New Jersey. Maybe you could turn their course into a series of holes. I'd even be willing to do it for you (considering I still go to Wildwood & the Jersey Shore)

5. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

Once we release, you're free to create any kind of course you want. However, this mod is based on traditional golf, not mini-golf. Just FYI.