1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX Question about *Trigger/*ZoneTrigger

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Superbabs84321, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Superbabs84321

Superbabs84321 New Member

I can;'t get my *ZoneTrigger to trigger a MessageTrigger (and yes I know the ZoneTrigger includes a simple player message system, but I don;t want to use that.).

I set *ZoneTrigger -> Events -> Event to "Proximity1" and MessageTrigger -> Events -> Tag to "Proximity1", but the MessageTrigger doesn't seem to get triggered at all. Anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong?

I think it may have something to do with the description of *Trigger (superclass of *ZoneTrigger): "Trigger: senses things happening in its proximity and generates sends Trigger/UnTrigger to actors whose names match 'EventName'.", but I don;t get what the developers mean with this description. I tried to rename the Event and Tags to "MessageTrigger5", the name of the MessageTrigger but that doesn't work either.

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

A ZoneTrigger triggers only ZoneInfo actors with a Tag name matching the ZoneTrigger's Event name, nothing else. The only ZoneInfo that actually reacts to triggering is a WarpZoneInfo with more than one destination.
    A regular Trigger triggers non-static actors and static NavigationPoint actors with a Tag name matching the Trigger's Event name.

Note that triggering does not involve an actor's Name value at all.

3. Superbabs84321

Superbabs84321 New Member

Thanks! So I was just using the wrong trigger...

Babs out!