UE2 - UT2kX question about emmiters/projectors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skyydragonn

Feb 12, 2008
Hi guys Myth-Sniper here, forum crash ate my old account and i can't seem to get it going again :(

Working on an aztec temple type map and of course the use of torches for light will be previalant. I've noticed a problem however I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to create a properly flickering torch light.
Not the toch itself or how to create a moving flame but to have a torch that casts realistic flickers on nearby surfaces and objects. Someone told me it would be possible to usea projector for this but I'm lost on how i would set this one up.

if theres Tutoria out there for jsut this type of thing please point it out. I've been through IceCreamYou's site and didn't see anything that covered this specific nuace of lighting in UT04.

Thanks in advance.

Cryosis

Jan 19, 2008
one thing you can try is making a movable light, set up a looping kismet sequence where the light jumps from position to position. I'm not sure of any other methods but I know that one works

Skyydragonn

Feb 12, 2008
one thing you can try is making a movable light, set up a looping kismet sequence where the light jumps from position to position. I'm not sure of any other methods but I know that one works
that might be possible, but how does one go about doing such?

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Hi guys Myth-Sniper here, forum crash ate my old account and i can't seem to get it going again :(

Working on an aztec temple type map and of course the use of torches for light will be previalant. I've noticed a problem however I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to create a properly flickering torch light.
Not the toch itself or how to create a moving flame but to have a torch that casts realistic flickers on nearby surfaces and objects. Someone told me it would be possible to usea projector for this but I'm lost on how i would set this one up.

if theres Tutoria out there for jsut this type of thing please point it out. I've been through IceCreamYou's site and didn't see anything that covered this specific nuace of lighting in UT04.

Thanks in advance.

Just look at CTF-Face3, and inside the bases right behind the flag are staues of Anubis sitting down, and he has fire emmiters in his hands. Just copy that, and then in the emitter(s) size properties, adjust it to the size you need. There are also other maps that have flames in them. DM-War_Pit (google) has some smaller ones

Skyydragonn

Feb 12, 2008
It's been awhile and i've gotten a bit better with UeD but this problem stull bothers me. and I've come across something else I dont see documented anywhere. adding a rotating light (like on a police car).
basically i want to add a red "beacon" light to a map so the light rotates at a fixed rate and lights a small cone as it passes. The closest I've come to a solution is to disassemble the mastering UT's Tut on setting up "disco" lights. I'm going to hazard a guess this'll be my best course of action?