1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

quakers/UTs and play style in INF games

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by slappy the pimp, Jun 26, 2001.

1. slappy the pimp

slappy the pimp New Member

Alot of question and complaint is rising from recent joiners/converts from the agressive game groups, i have seen meet killd and been killed by "quakers" and there like. Honestly im not sure there is a real issue here. yes they exploit the 'prone hop'...yes they jump around like a lunitic....yes they are agressive and sometimes abusive. BUT, dont forget that before INF that WE all played quake 1/2/3 and unreal and UT. these are valid tactics that they are bringing in....but do they work? not really.

a clan INF sniper will make lunch out of anyone 'rushing', so will a average sniper. team tactics will also put on hold any 'rushing'

jumping....no issue here. let him get tired. chase him down when he cant run and shoot him.

game hacks, there WILL always be game hacks. BUT these are adressable by the people WE REALLY NEED TO SUPPORT. the INF team. no inf team, no inf. IF we support our team developers and show them we are willing to help issues like the hacks will besolved.

this is what i think....what about you guys who are older players...what do u think??

2. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

I may be lucky, But i didn't experienced a lot of bad behavior on-line..
    Of course some but no so much. Not enough to ruin my pleasure.

And as soon the hitbox in prone and insta-prone bug are fixed, I will enjoy this game even more (If I can enjoy it more..)

3. slappy the pimp

slappy the pimp New Member

yeah me too...been playin online for about 2 weeks now. having a BALL of a time really. but every now and then i find players on servers bickering uselessly about 'tactics' and whats 'legal'

i try to inngore them or find a new sever...

overall i am SSSSOOOOO in love with this game.

like hunting! creep creep creep BANG!

4. Draco-1

Draco-1 I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.

The problem right now is that your objective is to eliminate the other team. This promotes fast "quake-type" tactics and play. When EAS is introduced, a slower, more methodical approach will be the winning strategy. Then we'll see the "Quakers" starting to die early deaths.

5. JasonBook

JasonBook American Warmonger

I beg to differ

you may think EAS will bring about change and promote "tactics" but if there is a timer like the UT assault gamemode, then you'll still see rushers and the like. But if there is no timer, then games will go on forever. Unless the Inf team adds certain rules. But how much different will EAS be to the original UT? Only Inf knows, and they aint sayin much.

6. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I'm sorry, I'm a effective rusher. I run up and avoid the other teams rushers. then flank the snipers.

if I'm not rushing, I'm giving fire support with a grenade launcher, or I use the AKMSU with 150rnd clip :D

7. Wikkan

Wikkan Dickhead Fulfilled!

150?! Phatcat, have you been tweaking again? :D

8. Draco-1

Draco-1 I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.

I don't think it will promote tactics exactly, but it will definately slow down play. If you have played any of the as maps, you'll see this change.

I really hope we can get multiple cracks at a map with EAS, I really prefer that because I'll go through once, get killed and then think of a better way to do it. I'd like to have that chance.

As for the time limits.. right now, the time limits aren't really all that well thoguht out for methodical play. 5 minutes relaly isn't enough for a cautious approach. I'd like to see 10 minutes or more for involved or large maps.

9. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

If EAS doesn't include, forced objective completion and hides the amount of enemy players on the other team during rounds it'll be just the same as TDM. It's the main reason why CS didn't work. You can always see how many players are left alive and you don't have to complete the objective just kill the oposing team.

HostileIntent (a HL mod) has this fixed by A) not counting frags in ANY way, B)not showing deathmessages or keeping track of how many players are alive on either team (use report in command to find out who is still alive on your team) C) Forced objective completion. With this setup it'ssimply useless to go frag hunting since A) there are no frags and B) You'll HAVE to complete the objective anyway.