1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QuadCYCLE

Discussion in 'General' started by stevenhorton, Dec 9, 2005.

1. stevenhorton

stevenhorton Not of this World

Newest UnWheel vehicle?????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  2. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

OMG! W00t!

btw. Steve, I just downloaded your updated files but when I add them to my install and load the game the new vehicles appear on the selection screen, but they don't have a model in the preview. If I select them, it crashes. This was installed onto a fresh ECE + patch install with only the unwheel.exe added, no extra files apart from my own maps and shrimp's updated -mod version. Do I need to add the seperately released UnWheel vehicles as well?

3. jerdaygo

jerdaygo How jerdaygo?

Very Cool :D Steve, this is the kind of vehicles UnWheel needs more of :D

4. $n][pErMan

$n][pErMan UnWheel Server Guru!

that is 100% badass! :D

5. craze

craze New Member

OWNING!!

6. PrimalInstinct

PrimalInstinct Flak Monkey

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas!moved me enuff to reg &post!THANK YOU SIR I'm honoured:)now if Shrimp will let me lose the suit...:)thx again

7. maverick0

maverick0 Breakfast Cereal

stuff like quad cycles are awesome :D

now all we need is a motocross motorbike :)

8. stevenhorton

Here is a little present until the full release, make sure you read the readme:) Don't worry about the bad looking skin, the next release fixes that. BTW, there is a heart with my sweathearts name, can you find it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  9. craze

craze New Member

PREASENTS?!!??!!?!?? I LOVE PREASENTS!!! THIS ONES MINE HAHAHAAHAH!!!!

10. Malibu Barbie

Malibu Barbie Action Figure

WOW! I mean...... WOW!

For starters, I'm glad nobody sells a real-live version of this. If they did, I would have to get a second job selling crack or something in order to buy one. This is one freakin' amazing looking vehicle.

Does this quad have a speed limit by the way? I noticed that it is always accelerating. None of the maps have an all-out section long enough for it to run out of steam. In some sections of train race and thundra the number of bars above the top speed is greater than the number of bars below it! That's more than double the top speed of any other vehicle! Can someone build me a simple huuuuuuge straight line map with no textures or anything, just to test it?

On Lost Gods, in that section where you go down a steep downhill tunnel with the chandeliers on top, I actually went flying past the ceiling!

But it does need some more ground clearance. It is impossible to race it in Midnight Air, since it gets stuck at every jump, and the landings get stuck as well. In knockout arena, you have to stay in the flat section. If you try to use the banks on the turns, it gets stuck as well.

One funny thing that happened a couple of times in train race was that, when I hit a train, the whole quad just explodes, and I get a "you have been killed" message. On reset, I re-started from the very start. I guess that's to be expected in a beta version.

But still. WOW!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  11. Malibu Barbie

Malibu Barbie Action Figure

Forgot to mention. It can't make the loop in Suicide.

12. craze

craze New Member

hey i can uload steves test tunnel map for ya, just let me dig it outta my cache (thx jerdaygo fer leaving it on yer server)

13. craze

craze New Member

scratch that, just ask steve for a copy of it with no vehicles in it, just opwen it up and drop a quad in it.

14. stevenhorton

Two presents in one thread:D Here is the TestTrack map.

Attached Files:

15. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

sweet release, I love it - the speed tunnel is good for time testing and choosing your best car - but I prefer to do it on gut instinct *loses again at another race*

16. $n][pErMan

Im doing a bunch of updating on my linux server as I have some free time today. I plan on updating UT2k4 to the new 3369 patch which should stop the question marks coming up for ping in the browser window. Also... would anyone object to putting these new items on the server??? Im not sure if they are buggy or not (as I have yet to try them) but if you guys want I will put them on it today :)

17. PrimalInstinct

PrimalInstinct Flak Monkey

:)faster than the arrows on the ceiling-wheee!Drives great and looks sharp...somebody pinch me...Test Track could provide a good race...still lookin 4 the name on your heart:)

18. craze

craze New Member

i think the quad shoud be on the server, this would be fun to try out in rabbit(for other pplz....) i already tried it in bracknell after i just reinstalled because i was tired of having so many modds installed i couldnt find anyhing in my mutator menu....
    EDIT: thus i couldnt test it in oasis and the other new maps

19. craze

craze New Member

ok the whole turbo max speed thing keeps your speed down even after a reset, i triedin test track with the quad and i suffered a massive speed drop, but while turbo was on i got teh speed up to twice maximum.

20. $n][pErMan

I sure hope they fixed this in the new version!