1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Purge unused packages?

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by Scorpio911, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Scorpio911

Scorpio911 Animal Muther

I know this is redundant but since the old posts are gone bare with me. How do I purge the junk that isn't used by my map in UnrealEd? It seems a certain mod decided it was going to load some packages up every time I open UnrealEd and I did not know this. This would be of great help if you could remind me.

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

try ''texture cull'' in the command box in ued for texture stuff, if its sound or music or other stuff try to find where you used it, and delete the actor there and save it, it should be gone then though

but if you mean that you got for instance Jailbreak installed and that your ued loads up JB textures and stuff when starting then thats justbecause of the mod, it wont involve with the map, you can turn it of if yoiu want

UnrealTournament.ini

search for [Editor.EditorEngine]

then under it you have a list (this is my list, not a default one )

EditPackages=Core
    EditPackages=Engine
    EditPackages=Editor
    EditPackages=UWindow
    EditPackages=Fire
    EditPackages=IpDrv
    EditPackages=UWeb
    EditPackages=UBrowser
    EditPackages=UnrealShare
    EditPackages=UnrealI
    EditPackages=UMenu
    EditPackages=IpServer
    EditPackages=Botpack
    EditPackages=UTServerAdmin
    EditPackages=UTMenu
    EditPackages=UTBrowser
    EditPackages=ExtendedBuilders
    EditPackages=TarquinBrushBuilders
    EditPackages=TarquinExtrudeBuilder
    EditPackages=Jailbreak
    EditPackages=JBArena

delete the line of the pack you dont want in ued anymore, should work then, oh and dont delete things like core or browser :p cause then it could happen it doesnt work anymore :p

3. Scorpio911

Scorpio911 Animal Muther

Thanks

Thanks a hell of a lot. I just couldn't remember about texture cull, but as I said UnrealEd kept loading stuff up I didn't need so I'm glad you posted the idea about the ini, because that is truly what I needed in this case. Cheers!:D

4. Heisher

Heisher Ooo, suits you sir!

just press Q when you have a tex selected in the texture browser window. then all faces with that tex are changed to the default bubble texture.