1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PS3 to Have Mouse/Keyboard for UT2007

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by RaptoR, Sep 2, 2005.

1. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

The Inquirer has learned that Sony's upcoming PlayStation 3 will have USB keyboard/mouse compatability for games such as the upcoming Unreal Tournament 2007.

Full Story

2. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

yep... consoles and PCs are merging into one. (again.)
    although usually you don't have a good place for a keyboard and mouse at the place where you put your console.

3. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

The PS2 had keyboard/mouse compatibility too I think. What else would you use the USB port for?

4. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I remember the DC had one. I bought the set and used it for UT. This is great news that Sony will be having this compatibility right out of the box. And thank goodness for it too. Has there been any mention of 2k7 running on both PC and PS3 together? IIRC there was an interview about how a game could be run off both PC and Console, and the PC could play with the Console. Meaning that YOU could have a PC, and I could be running on a PS3, and we would fight against each other.

5. Bullet10k

Bullet10k New Member

WOW. Now I believe UT2k7 will also rock on PS3. Hope X360 will have support too. If that happens then we may even be able to have cross-platform online multiplayer! (x360 vs ps3 vs pc) :eek:

6. Jaenos

Jaenos New Member

YAY! Now I can play FPS on a consol!

7. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

PlayStation had a mouse too. :)

8. brokenFIX

brokenFIX New Member

Supernintendo too

9. Majik

Majik blargh

That's great news, not that I'm planning on getting UT2k7 for the PS3, but it does make me much more interested in some of the other upcoming fps titles. Now I just gotta figure out how to play with kb/mouse in my couch.

10. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

Someone finally got it right! Thank you!

11. Vault

Vault New Member

hm...my financial situation says "buy it on ps3!!".....but my heart says "BUY IT ON PC YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT!! MONEY IS NOT IMPORTANT" hmmmmmmm

12. UnrealProjects

UnrealProjects "Your Hired!"

That's not great news at all, the keyboard/mouse support will not be compatible with PC at all and your PC keyboard/mouse will not work with it. You need to buy their special keyboard/mouse and not just any keyboard/mouse out there.........

13. Major-Lee-High

Major-Lee-High Im a ranter, ignore me!

I seriously think that this may be the cycle that consoles start overtaking pcs, as far as gaming goes.

The price of the consoles alone, is as much as a video card to run these types of games would cost us. Not to mention the easier time they have testing and making games, copyrighting etc.

As far as gaming goes, the only hurdles they have are Multiplayer (my main reason for loving the pc for games) and Modding/Custom content (the other reason :p). Multiplayer is getting good, even better with mouse keyboard, modding shouldnt be tuff but without a harddrive i dunno...

Its gonna be interesting.

14. Majik

Majik blargh

Even if that is the case, which I highly doubt it is (I'm guessing most input devices will work, but only the standard buttons/keys will be active), then the users have been given a possible alternative to the standard controller. It is most unlikely that games will require you to have a kb/mouse setup (hell you didn't even need a lightgun for Time Crisis), so I don't get why that's a bad thing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  15. EggBoy

EggBoy New Member

I was gonna upgrade my desktop when ut2k7 comes out but if I can hook up a PS3 to my 19inch CRT monitor, run Linux on it so I can do all my work, play all mods for ut2k7, put a massive HDD in it, plus a DVD burner, play on any server against PC/Xbox people - then will I be saying goodbye to my desktop...

16. Bullet10k

Bullet10k New Member

Don't forget...You also want a built-in toaster on the PS3.

17. ]-UnderTOW-[

]-UnderTOW-[ -_-

Good news. Better news if it can use standard USB for it.
    When i get an Xbox360, screw the TV, it and any other next gen console is going to sit right on my desk, connected to my Dell 2405FPW and Logitech Z-5500, playing Gears of Wars in 24" high def res and 5.1 surround sound, and any other console exclusive FPS. Yeehaw!

18. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

So far the news on the 360 was that keyboard/mouse-support would be disabled for games (or at best used for mere chat in MMORPG's).

However they have hinted that they might enable it if they had proper encouragement from developers.
    I think that Sony's PS3 might be a good reason for them to change as well.

I hope it's not just rumours (this is 'The Inquirer' after all!) and that at least a normal mouse will work. If they're using usb-based keyboards then there's also a decent chance it will be able to use the mini-keyboards and stuff since without drivers they are keyboards as well.

19. Oddjob

Oddjob New Member

Why would you play it for the ps3 when you can have it for the pc and get all the free mods which are the reason I play ut 2004 so much.

20. Israphel

Israphel Sim senhor, efeitos especial

Tool, I really could not have put it better myself.
    I know the PS2 had keyboard/mouse, but game developers never incorporated it into the games...so it was only useful for input of names and whatnot...ie, not much use at all.

The cost of upgrading my PC to run UT2k7 was looking seriously prohibitive, but this is a very possible solution, and Sony may have just sold me a PS3 with this news.

Custom content should all be available online the same as the PC version, now i just wonder if they will be online multiplayer compatible. I seriously doubt it, but that would be the icing on the cake.