1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PS3 Game Preview MotorStorm

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xtremevids, May 2, 2006.

1. Gumby

Gumby Pretty in Pink!

Nothing coming out in the forseeable future will be as graphically good as what the PS3 can probably manage. I mean look at GT3 when the PS2 was first released compared to GT4 later on...

But until then why don't they rename it PoS3 ;)

2. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Monster w/ 21 Faces Dear Dumb Police Officers

Rule of thumb: Any videos sony shows at trade shows prior to the release of a new console are bull****.

3. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

Rule of thumb: To this day every generation of playstation has far exceded its competitors.

4. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

Here's a couple gameplay vids of that game.
    It's called Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/814/814614/vids_1.html

After seeing the realtime Motorstorm vid (finally), I think the game will do very well.

However, if anybody needs to "step up" at this point it's Sony with their PS3.
    (just a few days left!)
    ________
    Marijuana bubbler

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  5. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

Rule of thumb, edit your god damn post with the giant image in it.

6. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

It's far from graphically stunning, but the characters look like they're meant to be that way to me. Either way, most people here seem to get that any hype/anti-hype is generally gonna be worthless.

The whole graphics war bores the **** out of me anyway. If I was offered a free X-box 360 (a name which, although I think isn't that good, is positively masterful now we have the Wii) with some games right now, I'd honestly rather have a copy of Shadow Of The Colossus or be happy playing asteroids for a bit.

I'm waiting for a 'wow!' game.

7. totalloser

totalloser oh schnap

he choose a poor game to showcase the power of the ps3, a beter example wold be the darkness or pretty much anything else but untold legends.

8. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

There's a sweet MGS4 showcase or whatever on youtube. Two developers are showing it off and playing with the camera and lighting, looks cool.

9. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Speaking of Gran Turismo 5, I doubt they'll have car damage this time around, which I think virtually every GT fan has wanted since the original :eek:

There's reports that the developers might be implementing it, but they said the same thing for GT2, GT3 and GT4. I don't know if time and budget limitations are the reason why iit wasn't implemented; I don't buy the "some car manufacturers don't want their cars wrecked" story, because several games with licensed cars have great damage effects.

10. K

K i bite

Todays lesson for new posters!
    :D Thnx have a nice day

11. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

1200p... it goes by height :p

Yea, sounds more like Sony bull****. Honestly... lying and being obnoxious got them in 12-billion-dollars debt... I don't see how lying and being obnoxious is supposed to get them out.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  12. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Rumour has it the PS3 won't be playable at E3 this year.

Only in sales. Don't you remember the 'emotion engine' fiasco?

Yes because we're tripping over all the amazing screenshots of PS3 games aren't we.

Yeah it does look cool, but then again that isn't running on a PS3.

13. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

The MGS4 real-time demo was done with a PS3 development kit as they're still making the game, you can't edit the camera or lighting in a game manually on a normal console.

I do agree that Sony needs to get their finger out and show off some proper real-time game footage (seeing prerendered videos is just pointless and misleading).

14. Monster w/ 21 Faces

They WANT to be misleading don't you get that? They don't care about advancing gaming or supplying you with the best console they can. They just want people to buy into the hype, buy the console and accept a blu ray player into your home.

If you think the PS3 is about selling games you're mistaken. It's all about winning the HD format war.

15. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

I was playing a UE3 demo on PS3 hardware a bit over a month ago.

16. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Was it a complete unit? Because that would be weird seeing as they haven't even managed to fit all the hardware in the PS3 case yet.

17. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Just because its PS3 hardware doesnt mean it has to be in a PS3 case ;)

18. Monster w/ 21 Faces

If it's not a PS3 in a PS3 case with finalised PS3 hardware then it's not a PS3, it's a custom PC.

19. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

He said PS3 hardware, not that he played it on a PS3.
    PS3 hardware - The hardware thats in a PS3, so it will perform the same as the final thing (in theory)

20. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

What did you expect Sony to do ?
    They need to keep hyping their next-gen console/media-center in order for people not to forget that by the end of this year there may even be another for sale.

And to top it off ... the PS3 is probably the only reason anyone (with a few braincells) would want to buy any of these 'next-gen' dvd-players with their draconic DRM-features.

//-
    This is an interesting rumour :
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060503-6740.html
    How's that then ? ;)
    If that is true (and somehow I think it is) then there's no point in buying a PS3, unless you happen to like one of the few single-platform games they're selling.