1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Protesting mexicans, loose my respect.

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by ReD_Fist, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Man those businesses are regulated beyond the bone, ain't freedom at all,yuck.

2. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

Well, it's not like I've ever looked into it, but i recall that they tax pretty heavily, and so have a pretty well funded health service. *shrug* :)

3. darth_weasel

darth_weasel I won

You're quite right, Frances health service is too good for even the high tax level. France has been outliving its means for a while.

Funny an American of all things would laugh at European healthcare systems :)

Maybe we would all have a better system if we turned away sick people for not being able to afford treatment?

4. Larkin

Larkin Gone

I agree with you totally on this RedFist, but I just want to add my two cents. People that are here illegally have no rights and that includes to work, to live, or to protest. And anyone giving illegals work should be fined so much it hurts and as you know it against the law to employ illegal aliens. One more thing if spanish speaking people think that I'm going to learn spanish when I live in American there dumber then they look.

And for any one that don't agree you should be shot.

If no one gave them jobs they wouldn't come

5. Stilgar

Stilgar Ninja

lol, dude you totally loose my respekt!!1111

6. GMotha

GMotha The nipples from Napels

Indeed, Europe rewards lazyness.
    The greatest part of all is (in belgium at least): they've added another law saying that immigrants should get a advantage in getting jobs.
    Some say this might sound like positif discrimination, but that's only in theory. In true life, they know they don't have to work to get their money and thus: it doesn't make a difference really.

I think you've never seen European health-care in action. I certainly beats the crap out the american way (hooray for the creditcard 'slash' insurance nonsense etc...).

7. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

And there goes your credibility.

8. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

people who post here have credibility?

9. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

Welcome to Other Stuff. No shoes, no shirts, no credibility.

10. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

point taken.

11. nicnak

nicnak New Member

Next thing you know they be kicking people of the planet, this world belongs to everbody you should be able to go anywhere mutliculturism. :D

12. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I'm inclined to agree.

EDIT: Assuming your voyages do not include causing violence

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  13. Btljuice

Btljuice New Member

Just to take a peek at another angle on this:

Sure, the illegals take jobs that no one else wants. But they also are taken very much advantage of because of their illegal status. What are they gonna do when their employer cheats them out of their pay? Complain?
    And then there are the employers that use them in highly hazardous areas with little to no safety precautions. What are they gonna do if they get maimed? Or worse, killed? Part of the reason some employers go out looking for this cheap labor is to maximize their profits at the expense of safety and pay for their workers. That is just as wrong.

EDIT: I've been trying to find the news article I read recently about this very problem, dealing with how several illegals were cheated out of their pay by cable installation subcontractors in the South. I remember the story followed a couple guys to Virginia where cable was being put down. I'll post the story when I find it

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  14. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I agree that this taking advantage crap is pretty terrible. I knew a girl who used to be illegal before she got her citizenship, and she had to deal with that crap pretty badly. From her perspective, it was worth it under the circumstances and she was willing to put up with it. Now she is in a better environment and doesn't regret it.

My point: As bad as some citizens may treat non-citizen employees, that won't necessarily deter them because their experiences of bad conditions are different than ours.

15. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

Yeah that sucks, there was a scandal a few years ago here over some illegal immigrants who were cockle picking. They were sent to work at low tide without any safety equipment or training, and they got swept out to sea and drowned.

--

wrt multiculturalism, I've been talking about that on another forum (forgive me if the bits I'm lifting from my other posts and including here are a little cut up).

Britain is kind of ahead on multiculturalism. Pretty much all culture indigenous to the UK has been replaced with cultural imports from the commonwealth and former empire. Everywhere is going to have to deal with multiculturalism increasingly as communications and transport tech advance. The problem in some places is when the cultures don't interact - you end up with riots, for instance in Bradford or Paris.

Culture is an ad hoc, continually evolving thing. You can't freeze it, you can't write it down, you can't teach it. You can only learn a culture by immersing yourself in it. There has to be a better way to deal with multiculturalism than what's going on right now, because present ways of dealing with it tend to end up in polarisation and rioting (which extremist scumbags capitalise on for political gain), and "everyone stay in their own country" is, frankly, a flight of fancy. I think affirmative action and positive discrimination are bureaucratic band-aids that cause as many problems as they solve.

I'm guessing a common language is the most important first step, then an "engage with us and each other" approach rather than a "behave like us" one.

16. Larkin

Larkin Gone

I've been getting some gripe about what I said in my reply, especially the second to last line when I said, "And for any one that don't agree you should be shot." I take it back(if that all right). What I meant was that if people disagree they just don't understand the issue and should not speak on it at all. And yes, that still harsh.

But come on, it not as though I think they should actually be shot or something like that.

I feel so dumb apologizing. :nag:

Once again, I'm sorry.

17. Larkin

Larkin Gone

Yes and no, yes the world belongs to everyone, but no, people cann't come into a country get a job and live in a country that they aren't citzens of. Lets all remember that you must have a green card,vista or a passport of the country you are trying get into (or are already in) to be allowed into or stay in that country. Also, if you are found in a country without one of these things for that country, they can and will kick you out.
    It's international law not just ours.

But yes that would be great, but just not realistic.

18. Stilgar

Stilgar Ninja

Sweet.

I was getting worried.

19. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Ya well Illeagal people running around ,are

Cheap labor for the big corps, if they paid a wage and even if prices went up americans would do all the jobs to make a living HERE.

and

Then we have a more rich people and corps and even more poor.So it is removing the middle class the more and more mexico mooches of us.
    And the corp or owners will get happier.

And

Adds to the real teality of we are sitting ducks, they could sneak accros a fleet of nukes the way it is now, or a big ass tanker of anthrax powder or who knows.

NO more open border, it's been enough time for mexico to not have fleeing citizens anymore, and they view this as an income 20%.

The repubs won't do anything to prop up the companies.
    The dems won't do anything because they sell thier soul for a vote and in time 30% of the vote should lean thier way in time.
    But yet 67 to 85% of american people want tthe border closed off,doesn't it seem like there is a reason to avoid this problem from the politicians or mexico?
    That's because they don't want it to change thats why we are getting 1.1 mill a year comming in.

20. GMotha

GMotha The nipples from Napels

No matter how utopian your vision is: it's a fact that multiculturism can't work, cultures will clash.
    I'd like to see it different, but it just doens't work. Neither side is prepared to make cultural sacrifices fot the greater glory of integration.
    Total assimilation is as realistic as a true multicultural community.