1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Proof of an AIMBOT? What kind is it?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by barrett, Apr 16, 2001.

1. barrett

barrett New Member

Well, I spectated from the viewpoint of the suspect last night, and the results were interesting...

He doesn't seem to be using an aimbot, in the traditional sense of the word aimbot. His player's movement isn't jerky or seemingly controlled by something other than himself. HOWEVER, he does seem to be able to hit anything that he wants to, with any weapon, from any distance. At one point, when he was using the scope on the PSG, I noticed that he only had to get the target within about 50% of the scope's viewpoint, and he'd kill the target with one shot! His shots seem to only have to be CLOSE, and it will kill the target every time. I spectated from the viewpoint of some other players, and they had to get the target MUCH closer to the center of the crosshairs before they scored a hit.

I'm the admin of an Unreal1 server running Infiltration.

What do you think?
    b.

2. y2rich_2k

y2rich_2k the best HPB around

either they were an amazing player a godlike bot or they were using an aimbot but i dont know

3. barrett

barrett New Member

thanks

gee, that was helpful.

b.

4. y2rich_2k

lol
    i know little bout aimbots but i do know there are some incredibly good shots out there in the ut community so dont just say someone is using an aimbot if they keep hitting ppl with high accuracy

5. [AWC]Ragnarok

[AWC]Ragnarok Anti-Westlife Campaigner

he might have made some changes to some file somewhere that changes where UT registers a hit.
    otherwise your view was laggy and the sound came before the view was on target?
    or he is actually a good shot. you never know.

6. barrett

barrett New Member

I don't think so...

well, no....

again, I'm running Unreal1, not UT. And my view's lag didn't play into it at all -- I spectated from other players' point of view and they had to center their targets in their crosshairs to hit them. He can fire almost any weapon, from any distance, and kill them with one shot. I am sure that he really is good, but NO ONE is THAT good.

b.

7. [AWC]Ragnarok

[AWC]Ragnarok Anti-Westlife Campaigner

oh srry i missed hen u said it was an unreal1 server.
    well, maybe he did my first point, change a file or something

8. B

B Bee

Did he use all weapons? cause to my knowledge only direct hit weapons (enforcer,shock,sniper) work with an Aimbot....

9. barrett

barrett New Member

yes...

well, I run the Infiltration mod on my Unreal1 server -- so all weapons are direct hit weapons. Even though the rocket launcher and grenade launcher shoot projectiles that explode and have a kill radius, they also kill when they directly hit a target. He usually uses the weapons that shoot bullets, however.
    b.

10. B

B Bee

:confused: ?? how can the rocketlauncher be direct hit??

11. y2rich_2k

if the rocket explodes by hitting a player

12. B

B Bee

well then what if the player is 50 feet away?
    Then it aint direct hit, like a sniper rifle is....

13. barrett

barrett New Member

actually....

Well, both the rocket launcher and the grenade launcher can be direct-hit weapons...

If either projectile runs directly into the player, the player dies instantly... the grenade will explode, but the rocket will oftentimes sever the victim's head and then continue on through that player until it hits a solid object behind it! Either way -- it's a direct hit!

b.

14. B

B Bee

u are missing the point of a Direct hit weapon Rocketlauncher and grenade's aren't direct hit, sure they explode after directly after they hit a player but thats not it... a sniperbullet is direct hit, a shocklbeam is direct hit a rocket has travel time so it is NOT direct hit...

15. WasHighPingDuck

WasHighPingDuck Experienced

I have no idea what you saw but I do belive that the server determines which projectiles hit which targets.
    That is why when there is lag on the net you hear the sound of your shot but do not see the projectile untill the server responds.
    If it is a near hit cheat then it would have to have been uploaded to your server and I'll bet that you know that is not the case.
    The spectate mode does not send you video, just the clients movements, and your system generates a similar picture but should lag their view by the net lag, I think.
    This might explaine the crosshairs.
    I won't speculate on the other things because I don't like to give cheats any ideas. :)
    Hope this helped.

16. +MF+DeViLsBaNe

+MF+DeViLsBaNe Dominator

/me thinks Meelobee means instant hit weapons..

17. B

B Bee

/me thinks someone gets the point :)

18. +MF+DeViLsBaNe

+MF+DeViLsBaNe Dominator