1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX XMas Present

Discussion in 'General' started by ProjectX, Dec 23, 2005.

1. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Well, I've decided to release a rabbit map I've been working on for Christmas.

The file will be uploaded overnight on December 24th (I use GMT so no complaining) and will be mirrored by morning of the 25th.

A very merry XMas to you all.

Linkage:

http://www.bigupload.com/php/download.php?id_upload=D3EB9A92

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  2. hippietoad

hippietoad New Member

what's a rabbit map ?

3. dopehouse

dopehouse New Member

It's something to eat - IT'S XMAS :lol:

4. $n][pErMan

$n][pErMan UnWheel Server Guru!

Still no new UW? :(

5. ProjectX

Technically it's a roamer map - but who plays roamer these days? Since roamer maps are playable in rabbit and rabbit is played more than roamer I decided to call it a rabbit map.

6. ProjectX

oh dear...

At the moment my PC can't connect to BU Fileworks so the dowload may be a bit late.

If anybody knows a good fast site to upload the file reply here with the address.

7. $n][pErMan

8. ProjectX

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  9. $n][pErMan

Acctually it downloaded pretty fast :) I'll put it on my server later this evening...

10. craze

craze New Member

lol, put it here
    www.craze42.com
    lol, didnt think ya would go for that....

11. craze

craze New Member

hey hey hey! i found a hole! :eek: :lol: :D i guess its pretty impossible to make a map that i cant find a hole in...

Attached Files:

12. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

No actualy it's easy to find since some of the "decent" mappers like to optimize terrain by cutting the non-visible part of the terrain itself, sometimes they just don't notice the hole.

13. craze

craze New Member

but killing the non visible terrain allows people to find holes, and this one is not related to terrain...
    EDIT: actualy, i dont think that those holes are terrain, as i fall off the maap and blow up, i see the edge of a square, which is IMO the terrain, and the edges are round so that rulles out it being terrain, and its attached to the walls which are oviously static meshes, because they make a C shape and terrain cant be upside down, so it just looks like ProjectX made static mesh walls which are missing spaces. so i believe i found a hole

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  14. ProjectX

I gotta admit that map was rushed for a deadline. It doesn't have any terrain optimization at all! Still - provided this hole doesn't hinder gameplay too much it should be fine till the next UW release.

Anyway Merry Christmas - I'm currently enjoying COD2 with my new Creative XFi System - w00tness.

15. $n][pErMan

It should not.... no one else exploits these holes in the server so it will not be a problem ;)

Nice... you get the one with the X-Ram on it?

16. ProjectX

You bet!

17. $n][pErMan

You get the Fatal1ty or the Elite Pro?? Im thinking of getting the Fatal1ty... but am not sure if it will be worth the $$$. Let me know what you think of the card... I heard it rocks but am still curious :)

18. Smokin

Smokin New Member

I havnt been bothered buying new Sound cards since the Value card days and that they started to come built into the motherboard. I have purchased a new system AMD Athlon64 4000+ 2 gig of ram and a GF7800GT video card which will be using the SLI tech when the video card gets cheaper as it costs $550 AU, but the worst thing about it is that the machine is sitting next to me without a video card as it comes next year(outofstock). When the machine is running i will test out the map and i will also be able to setup a server based in Sydney Australia as i will have a Spare machine and i have 100kbyte upload speed and 800kbyte download and its byte not bit.

19. ProjectX

Fatal1ty's the one I've got.

Well worth it - the sound is great - although it's not recommended to turn the crystalliser to maximum on music tracks that don't have much bass - but since it comes with a remote control that has a knob on it to change the crystaliser, cmss-3d,3dmidi and eax settings on the fly that's fine.

20. $n][pErMan

Sweet... I might pick this up online this week. I have yet to hear anything bad about it :D