1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Projectors and Brightness?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Dark[NSF], Jan 28, 2005.

1. Dark[NSF]

Dark[NSF] Northwest Secessionalist Forces

It seems like some of the surfaces my projector hits it isn't as bright as others. Also on some surfaces it doesn't even appear.

Is there anyway to make permanitly lit at max brightness and will appear on all surfaces?

2. JonAzz

JonAzz UA Mapper

are these surfaces equal distances from each other?

also if its diff brightnesess based on what its shining on, terrain, bsp and sMeshes handle lighting and projectors differnetly.... woohoo :-/

3. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

I find that having static meshes set to unlit causes projectors not to appear. Also if you have a lot of projectors on 1 static mesh it causes problems with the static mesh darkening and so on. The UDN claims that they will fix that, but I doubt that.

4. JonAzz

JonAzz UA Mapper

really? well thats just a pain in the ass if you want to use lightmaps :mad:

5. Dark[NSF]

Dark[NSF] Northwest Secessionalist Forces

awesome! i love problems! :mad:

Trying to find a work around, possible spawning a light behind it might do the trick.

6. Bonehed316

Bonehed316 New Member

Sounds like you're making a flashlight. Heres a tip: dont bother.

7. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Why? I've made flashlights before and they worked out great.