Probs with Unreal Ed 2.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

D6e6v6ils_Dancer

You know you want me...
Howdy folks. I have just finished my first map and will be releasing it very soon. It s a gr8 map, based on Deck. Don't worry though its not your avergae "Newbie" quality though as I have been playing in the Ed for about a year now and have been playin UT since just after it came out. My problem is this....when I try to run my map from within UT, there isn't always the screenshot I made there, but when I do try to run it, my PC attempts to connect me to the Net. When I view the log file, it seems to think that my map is a Server, strange I know.
Also, I can run the map from the UT map folder by double clicking on it and my screenshot still won't be there, but sometimes it is.
Help!!!!!!! Why is it trying to connect me to the Net?????? It doesn't happen with the other maps btw. As far as I know I have done the screenshot right.
So to cap....I can play the map out of the Ed, but only by doubleclicking on it in the map folder and from within the Ed, but I cant play it from the "Start practice session" menu. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad: If someone can tell me what I have done wrong then that'd be groovy.......oh btw, fantastic site guys keep it up and I will get round to reviewing that map you sent me (too busy working on this problem of mine).

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
After I get the Dragon+ running, I'll install Unreal Editor correctly. Mine won't work; but everything else does so I didn't want to mess with it. Still running install from 6-4-2000.

What's the best way to install this, from 2nd disk, then upgrade with BonusPack (where is this upgrade again?). Or should I just skip the 2nd game disk and go to upgrade? Thanks.

Don't worry about asking or telling me how to do it now or how to fix it; too much stuff to do before Dragon+ MB install. Let me know best way for fresh install. thanks again.

D6e6v6ils_Dancer

You know you want me...
Thanx Lophead, but I have sorted it out now. I played around with the screenshot again and noticed the title of the map in the log file was slightly different, so I altered it and that seemed to fix the problem.

So, its finished now. If I wanted to send you guys it, how do I do this?

Cheers chaps.....:D

D6e6v6ils_Dancer

You know you want me...
Yeah cheers Lophead. I've been trying to upload it to NaliCity today but I am having real probs with it (their ReadMe generator is playing up), although I will do my own now I think.
I will get it sorted and e-mail you soonish. In the meantime I will go and play it again to make sure theres no more bugs....:)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Oh, don't forget to install 4.36 patch again because of the newer de files (BP2 de files are older). Or just save those two files somewhere and move them back.

What I was wondering is where the updated editor was; in BP4? in 4.36 patch?