1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Probs with HUD

Discussion in 'Programming' started by RimReaper, Sep 25, 2001.

1. RimReaper

RimReaper UScript n00b

I'm currently making a mod where I want my view to be behind the player. I read all HUD tut's here on Chimeric and wrote some code but I didn't get it to work.

2. Bytekeeper

Bytekeeper Last of the Brunnen G

The view is calculates in the playerpawn. So take a look at the playerpaw code, IIRC PlayerCalcView() is the function you're searching.

3. RimReaper

RimReaper UScript n00b

Darn!

Okay, I expanded my Hud class from PlayerPawn but nothing happens. I also tried TournamentPlayer and the rest..
    On one occassion I got it to work but I got greedy and changed it somehow (and didn't make a backup first).

4. Bytekeeper

Bytekeeper Last of the Brunnen G

I don't know what you mean, the playerview view has nothing to do with the hud, it only draw upon the players view.

Make a new playerpawn class, and overwrite the function PlayerCalcView ( or so )