1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Problems with UTExtra mod...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nixnerd, Sep 25, 2004.

1. nixnerd

nixnerd New Member

Hiya,

I'm running UT2004 (3323) on a linux powered server.

I'm using UT2Vote46, which seems to be working fine.

I'm trying to use the UTExtra mod, alongside UT2Vote. However after following the UTExtra readme I'm still unable to get any kind of menu in game with the brightskin and hitsound options, even when entering the command "mutate UTExtra" at the command line, whereas "mutate UT2Votelogin XXXX" works fine, bringing up the UT2Vote menu.

I've compressed the UTExtra1.u files and loaded this onto my redirection server, I've verified that thats being pushed to clients without any problem.

When using WebAdmin, the mutators entry shows a tick in the "UTExtra" mod box, saying that it's been found in ServerMuts

detailed below are the relevant entries from my UT2Vote46.ini file and my UT2004.ini file:

********Exerpts from UT2Vote46.ini file *********
    [UT2Vote46.UT2VoteConfigs]
    ServerMuts=UTExtra1.UTExtra
    [UT2Vote46.UT2VoteMutators]
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="UTExtra",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTExtra1.UTExtra",Voted=False)
    [UT2Vote46.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="UTExtra1.UTExtra",ServerPackages="UTExtra1")

********Exerpts from UT2004.ini file *********
    [Engine.GameEngine]
    ServerPackages=UTExtra1

I'm starting UT2004 with the following command:

./ucc-bin server DM-Antalus?game=SkaarjPack.Invasion?GameStats=True?MinPlayers=0?VsBots=True?Mutator=UT2Vote46.UT2VoteX,UTExtra1.UTExtra log=UT2004.log ini=ut2004.ini -nohomedir

Any help to help me resolve this problem would be appreciated.

2. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

you are not alone :)

3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

4. nixnerd

nixnerd New Member

Thanks ProAsm,

That *almost* fixed it. I'm now able to get hitsounds, but sadly no Weaponshake or brightskin setting, even logged in as admin.

(Well to clarify I typed on the console, "mutate UT2Votelogin" XXXX - said I'd logged in as aadmin - "mutate utextra" - still only gives hitsound on/off and volume >:-(

5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL... remember UTExtra is now totally seperate from UT2Vote and needs a Server Admin - AdminLogin Username Password :)

6. nixnerd

nixnerd New Member

Thanks ProAsm - Sorry I'm so stupid...

Thanks ProAsm - Sorry I'm so stupid...

I'll let you know how I get on once I've plugged my brain back in - LOL

7. nixnerd

nixnerd New Member

Yeah - now my brains plugged in - that worked a treat!

Yeah - now my brains plugged in - that worked a treat!

I'll slope off into some dark corner and attemp to end my miserable life, to spare anyone else from having to answer my idiotic questions.

Now, which end of the gun is it that goes "BANG" again?

:lol:

8. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

9. Knight_Shyft

Knight_Shyft New Member

Hey All - Curiosity question here - I was playing on a public 2K4 server today and got this message in the antiTCC_ClientConsole log as well as a big display on the screen for everyone "[INSECURE CLIENT] Knight_Shyft Unknown class (UTExtra11.UTExtraClient) in use!" Anyway, from what I've read here this is a server side mod - I guess my question is How would something like this end up installed on my end of the game?

10. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

This is a common problem with most secure type mods.
    UT2Vote, UTExtra and several other mods create Clientside Classes so as not to clutter up the Replication classes with all sorts of stuff which only has the interest of an individual client.
    Now when that client (you) leaves one server and goes to another, UT2004 should remove that ClientClass via its garbage collections routines.
    BUT... for some reason this does not happen, well it does but only after the next level change... but in the meantime you have this ClientClass which you no longer need.
    AntiTCC, UTSecure or whatever suddenly see that you have a CleintClass that you are dragging around and thinks that you are trying to cheat.
    The only way out is to exit to your Desktop before joining the next server.

UT2Vote gets around this with a special monitoring section and watches for when you press the Browser button and if you do not return back to the UT2Vote server within a specified time, your ClientClass gets deleted, you may notice this by your Home key suddenly becoming disabled but is not a trainsmash as all will be restored on the next level change.
    Adding this special monitoring function to UTExtra will be a bit much as when running with UT2Vote your server may start lagging a bit.

Majority of these bugs were introduced with the ECE release which was a modders nightmare and hopefully most of these things are fixed in the 3339 patch.
    We are currently doing extensive tests with 3339.

11. Knight_Shyft

Knight_Shyft New Member

Ahh ok - That makes it much easier to understand - I ultimately compounded the problem by using a cache cleaner after exiting the game and ended up making it a legitimate/solid file installed directly into my system folder making it a requirement for me to go & delete it directly - It's a simple fix now knowing which file is causing the problem. Thanks again for the detailed info, very much appreciated.