Problems with OGL and brightness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Hoi!

Following problem: I cannot adjust the brightness when running in OGL mode. I can move the switch in the menues, but nothing happens. It gets neither darker nor brighter. Tried to adjust it with the GammaOffset setting, but no effect either (it is set to 5.0....)

Graphics card: Radeon9600
Newest drivers (just dled)
New Chris...OGL Driver (2.7)

(the problem seems NOT to be related to Chris' drivers, cause it happened before so I went to DL them)

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
I had a similar problem a while ago (I think it started with Catalyst 3.9)
If it still happens with current versions, maybe you could try the radeon omega drivers from http://www.omegadrivers.net/
I currently use those without gamma problems.

9500Pro here

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Ok, tried the omega drivers...did not help.

Went to ati.com download section... newest cataclyst there is 4.1... where to get 4.3 or higher?

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Yeah...thats where I dled my drivers yesterday. THX for all the help, seems like I have to stick to d3d (clipping errors I am coming!), it is simply too dark in ogl (even tigerhunt gets a real nightmap). Maybe I try some older OGL driver from Chris, like 2.5 or so.

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
Maybe it will help if you replicate my setup.

Radeon Omega Driver 2.5.76 (newest is 2.5.90)
Chris OpenGL Renderer 2.7

IIRC you can work around the problem of not being able to set up gamma ingame. The adjustments you do for "3D fullscreen" in the "Color" section of your graphic card will be used by Inf.