1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX Problems with Lighting

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Musha, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Musha

Musha New Member

So, i keep having problems with some areas of my map where things aren't lighting correctly. These things include just standard BSPs as well as static meshes/movers. I have attached screen shots of examples. Can anybody tell me what might be causing this and/or how to fix it? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

The first is likely a BSP hole:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:BSP_Hole_Background

It's hard to tell what the problem is from the second screenshot. Static mesh lighting is determined by the light falling on the vertices. Try moving the mesh clear of any BSP that could be occluding the light falling on one or more vertices. It is also worth noting that static mesh lighting will never be as good as high shadow resolution BSP lighting. You need to learn to adapt. :(

3. Musha

Musha New Member

See, that's the weird thing though. All vertices of this static mesh (a mover) are occluded by bsp, so they should technically be receiving no light, which is what i want as it is lying in shadow. Could it be a problem with the zone light? Or skybox light?