Problems running a map imported from UT2003

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spatte

Feb 26, 2004
Sweden
Hi everybody :)

I am trying to convert a level I made in UT2003 to a runtime version. Exporting to .t3d and reimporting the ASE files to a new mesh package namned the same say as in UT2003 got me at least half the way. Now I have everything in the editor. Have to replace a few UT textures though ;)

Rebuilding works fine, but when I try to run the map, I get this message:

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 850 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: Dell 8200 (4258)

Can\'t find file for package \'XGame\'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitGameInfo <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I guess that the XGame file has something to do with UT2k3, but I can't figure it out. Maybe someone can?

Cheers

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
XGame is indeed a UT2003-specific package. One of your objects apparently depends on it. If you have teleporters and other UT2003-specific things, you should delete them first, before you export. Can you send me the T3D?

spatte

Feb 26, 2004
Sweden
Hi again, I managed to find the problem. In the levelProperties the gametype was set to deathmatch and apparently caused the problem. Now its running nicely in the runtime.

Thanks anyways