Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I have struck a snag....... :(

My motherboard has died on me.
Now to most peeps this is a minor problem but here EVERYTHING is "Made in China" and to order the genuine job takes a while.
I kinda knew when I bought the PC the mobo would not last as its a HingHongHo job, well the mobo is anyways.

Now although that too, may not seem a problem but for some unknown reason my 80 gig HD refuses point blank to run up on my spare PC.
That HD has UT2004 + all my coding stuff on it.
My standby PC only has a 2 gig HD and is a P3 1gig.

So on monday I will hunt the whole country for a Intel mobo else I'm gonna have to order one which will take about a week to get, which brings me to another problem in that next weekend I will be going away for a week on business which means UT2Vote48 wont be released until 27th.
If I can borrow another hinghongho mobo in the meantime I will try and get it out next week sometime.

:rolleyes:

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
that sucks damn always something screwing u up recently a run of bad luck id say . you know 48b3 has no issues what about realeasing that then after the patch is final do 49 with the igf code removed since it takes a month before the majority of servers get around to patching anyway just a thought anyway then that would give u some time to find a board and fix your stuff .

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The problem is UT2004 is on my 80 gig drive with all my code etc.
There is no UT2004 installed on this machine also it only has a 2 gig drive.
For some odd reason, this PC wont see the 80 gig at all, so until that PC gets going again, all I have are the UT2004 DVD's :)

The heat sensor has packed up on the mobo.
When you bootup, within about 2 minutes the BIOS thinks the CPU is overheating and sends a command to the Power supply to shut off.
Unfortunately there is nowhere to disable this or bypass it.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
oh ok your bios has no options for that or a way to set the temp ranges seems kind of odd but like u say its a hongdongchingchong

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yeah, one never learns as the Afrikaaners out here have a saying - "Goedkoop is duurkoop" - which means buying cheap is buying expensive.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
bad news :(

what is this asian-mobo ? any chance to get a newer bios, disableing that sensor?

or just replacing the sensor by a new one, or simply cutting it off? or replacing it by a resistor?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The asian mobo is an Intel La Cross D865GLC Mobo made in China under license to Intel USA.
They pretty good (when they work) but they barley last the waranty period.
China give 1 year and Intel give 3.
The Chinese job costs aprox $80 whereas the genuine Intel is about $200

I did download the latest BIOS and flash it hoping that would solve it but it did not.
Exactly what the sensor looks like I dont have a clue as it could be any of a zillion tiny components.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, I learned today that the company will replace the mobo under guartentee although it expired in July and my new mobo wont be here before 1st Decemeber or there abouts so 48 wont be released before the weekend of the 5th.
Oh well thats life :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, I'm back from all my business trips and should not be going away till next year again hopefully.
I still have not got my PC back with the new mobo so currently everything is still in limbo.
I have made a note of the problems and things should be back to normal by the middle of next week.

If you guys can just keep a note of your findings so the moment I'm up and coding again we can nail all the stuff down.

I think the moment I'm up and running we release 48 as it is in Beta 3 atm, then work on 49 with all the new stuff I see coming up.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
sounds good ive had a few guys ask about the new 4 team mods too lots to think about here lol

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
sh0V3l said:
sounds good ive had a few guys ask about the new 4 team mods too lots to think about here lol

Running them on my servers now...not seen a problem at all. CTF4 crashes on Map change with a vote, but that is NOT a UT2Vote problem. All CTF4 servers do it. I talked to Overlord and he is aware of the bug and is fixing it. Like I said, no problems to report thus far.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
This Overload (not to mix up with overlord, the creator of the actual UT2Vote-Logo) is also the maker of OL-Stats, and imho a troublemaker for us :(

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
yes he is, but he causes all kinds of trouble with ut2vote, zounds and who knows, what else, and the bad thing is, he has no idea, how to fix it :(

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
Like I said socke, the problem with ctf4 isn't with UT2Vote. 4TDM works flawlessly with UT2Vote. There is a bug in CTF4 that causes problems on map change, but it's nothing to do with UT2vote.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok finally Intel sent my PC back with a new mobo so soon we'll be back in business :)

I'll at least get another Beta or something going this weekend - hell I've forgotten what UT2004 is ;)