Problem with ripper2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LEDx0rz

The most brilliant man that ever lived
Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
simply put, i can't seem to get ripper2k4 working. I put it in all of the right directories, have latest patch, and im pretty sure i did everything right. It shows up in the mutator menu but in the mutator config menu it won't show up and when i play with the mutator enabled it wont be in the game. I tried a few things and they didn't work.
BTW your mods are awesome :) edit: this isn't being run on a server in case you thought so ;)
edit number 2:The only other mutator i am running it with is the udamage reward mutator

Last edited:

LEDx0rz

Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
Daedalus said:
there was something about this exact problem that Parse posted I cant quite recall what it was, but I know it was there!!!
hmm, well i'll try to find the cause and if i can't thats what the forums are for :)

LEDx0rz

Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
Sorry for this bump but i really want to play with ripper2k4 and i cant get i working, please help me :(

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Hm.. looks like a .ucl file problem..or some other file not properly installed.. :hmm:

I just downloaded and tested this mutator and it works fine right the first time, no problems found whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

LEDx0rz

Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
:hmm: i tried d/l'ing it from other mirrors several times and still with no luck, anything ripper2k4 is incompatible with?

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Sorry, I really should spend more time maintaining the UT2004 files section.

The reason it doesn't work is because - and it's my fault entirely - of this:

[Edit] Sorry, I left a file out that shouldn't need to be included, but I was a dunce and forgot to get rid of the dependency on it. If you've already downloaded the Ripper, please download Ripper2k4Tex.utx from here and then put the file in your UT2004/Textures/ folder. Sorry

Here's the file: http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/ripperfix.zip

Sorry about the trouble you went through.

hwkwnd99

Oct 15, 2004
i have the same trouble with seeing and setting up the mutator in the mutator window, but it doesn't show up in game. i added the ripper fix (replaced larger .utx file for smaller one). i also just placed the Server****=ripper2k4 in my server's ut2k4.ini, and it shows up there. am at work now, and am anxious to see if its working there. if it does, that would be wonderful.

hwkwnd99

Oct 15, 2004
yeah, i fixed it by reversing a stupid thing i had done. basically, i replaced the smaller new .ucl file with the older larger file. dumb,dumb,dumb! its working fine now, but i haven't tried the "get weapon at the start" function. is 75 disc units too much? will have to see how it balances. there was one small difficulty still. unlike all the other weapons which i pick up and have instantly, with the ripper, it shows up in the HUD and i have to press 6 to use it. oh well, small price to pay to play those ut ports in ut2k4. works on my server too. maybe now i stand a chance since perky cann't wack me all the time with the mini-gun. thanks for the mut, but see if the no instant pick up can be fixed.

hwkwnd99

Oct 15, 2004
dag nab it! the RipperTex name has been used in the redirect, as well as RipperTex2, and RipperTex_. probably the later is the correct file , being 1.0 kb, but the mutator only works for me online 'cause i have the right freaking file. had to shut it down since it put everyone else in an infinite download. maybe i'll ask the help of a coder friend to change the name of the file call to fred or george or something else not used. i really want to get Radikus2K4 online with the ripper before i die.

So it's a mutator? That explains why I didn't see it in the weapon type of a weapon base. I would very much like to have it a placeable weapon. Should I just use a LevelGameRules and force the mute on the map and distribute a structured zip with the map? I would prefer to myLevel everything though if that's acceptable to you guys. I'm just messing around with some ideas in maps right now but I always try to myLevel everything possible. If the answer is no to myLevel then I understand. I'm not much of a coder but I understand I might have to change some of the script properties to myLevel package groups? :shrug: Suddenly sounding like more work than I want to do! lol
Well going to play it a mute a bit later when I take a break from mapping.
Thanks guys.

hwkwnd99

Oct 15, 2004
its working fine on redirect, ie online, now!
the redirect service had a total loss of file base, so everyone had to reload files. i made sure to load early, so the correct ripper files got up first. i moved the mini gun in radikus down by the lift, so in ripper mut, it plays just like in unreal :D