UE1 - UT Problem relating textures.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[did]madis

Apr 22, 2008
Hi, I've been actively mapping for UT1 (Yeah, I'm so bloody retro) for a month now, and I decided to use custom textures in one of my maps. The textures are some edited textures from the originals and some completely made from scratch. I got them all together in one utx package, but when I started texturing my map, all these textures get copied into the mylevel package, instead of using the one I made. It's pissing me off since it's making the map size idiotically huge. Help, anyone??

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
is the utx package named mylevel.utx ? you dont need to creat one , just import the textures in the browser as mylevel package , it will be saved with the map automatically ;)

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Never use a separate package named MyLevel.utx, MyLevel.u, MyLevel.uax, MyLevel.umx, etc. MyLevel means that it will be saved in the map by the Editor(UED) where only Screenshot textures should be saved there to display the map, that unless you really want to save other things in the map itself.

The best way to save textures in a separate package is by giving it an original name alike to the one of your map. For example:

CTF-MadisRoom.unr
in this case it will use its own texture file so others might use it if they want to...
MadisRoomTex.utx or MRTex.utx

[did]madis

Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, I know that I mustn't name any separate packages MyLevel, but it just seemed that every time I opened my own package (which was saved separately under a different name), all the textures I used got copied into the mylevel package instead, beefing up the map size. Then I just modified all the textures again, and put them into a different new package, and replaced all the textures with the equivalents from the new package and it worked :/