Problem installing custom UT3 Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
I downloaded the KRod model from Skin City, and the readme tell me to copy code into the UTCustomChar.ini file.

There is no such file.

I created one myself, copied the code in, logged into UT3 AND... nothing. I only have the standard 5 classes/ species, and they don't appear as parts of armour either.

Guys... help?

EDIT: I just tried Spawn (also from SkinCity) and he works fine. no coding however.

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
The new patch made seperate files possible hence no editing.
The ini file should be located in your "My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame" or somewhere along those lines.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
I have located it, but it was created when I installed Spawn and contains his coding, so I'd rather not go editing it... and I'm still not sure where K-Rod's .ini should be placed (assuming I'd have to create one). Should I place it in the \CustomChars folder?

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
odd. well you can add it to
>unreal tournament install directory here</UTGame/Config/DefaultCustomChar.ini
and it will work, it will just make him available for every profile on the PC.. if that matters.

That dir should have been created so long as you've created a playername and a custom character for play. And especially if you've played through any of the campaign.

Buffy

Nov 16, 2005
That's the problem, that doesn't exist.

if you dont have My Games/Unreal Tournament 3 folder then you have to make one then
you can just copy "UTGame" folder from Spawn model Zip to your under MyDocuments/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3
I made by my self too I didnt have folder first
and when instal in C: then got error so I dont install any custom things in where game is instal
always in
MyDocuments/My games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/
and you dont have to add any line to your
UTCustomChar.ini
there is coming with so just load game once after instal model
then exit and reload game again
now you can see Spawn mode in character menu and Bot section ;)

Last edited:

Minken

Sep 25, 2009
I can choose the custom models (in this case, Sisters of Battle) but the character is invicible. Anyone know a solution?