1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Press Conference

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Exoddus, May 9, 2006.

1. Exoddus

Exoddus New Member

I feel disowned right now.... Cliffy B. showed up at Microsoft's Press Conference and nothing at Sony.... no one even knows if Ut2007 is in 360..... I feel betrayed cause he picked Gears of Wars over Unreal Tournament 2007..... and in my opnion...seriously...does it even compare. UT vs Gears of War...

2. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

-Principal, Billy Madison

;)

3. Exoddus

Exoddus New Member

why thank you!

4. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

:lol: Just slow down, try to put your thoughts in a clear, logical order, and try again.

5. Exoddus

Exoddus New Member

I guess what I am trying to say is.... I think the hype is in UT2k7 more than in Gears of War. Why bother showing a lower class game at a b/s conference...

6. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Umm, well, Cliffy B is working on GOW, not UT2007.

7. Entr0p1cLqd

Entr0p1cLqd New Member

As already stated, GoW is the game that Cliffy B is responsible for.

Also, 2K7 is "just another iteration" in an on-going series that so far is plumbing new depths of unpopularity. GoW is a shiny new thing with a fab. art direction (possibly superior to 2K7's even).

Or are you complaining about the lack of PS3 information? Epic have recently stated that they aren't even sure what they can accomplish with the PS3.

8. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

Yes, but PC games get more focus the consoles. Haven't you noticed that? PC= movie while Console=TV mini series. Movies are more expensive but get more hype.

9. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

UT2007 is best when being played not viewed in some trailer. I'm sure we'll get a big dosage of content tomorrow or Thursday.

10. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

Gears is bound to get more press... its New, its different its more shiny and its being released sooner. as already stated, GOW is CliffyBs baby, so expect him to be front and center with it.

11. [ACE]Boru

[ACE]Boru New Member

Not to split hairs but Halo is a console game getting the movie treatment. it's being produced by Peter Jackson and possibly being directed by Guillermo Del Toro of Blade 2 fame.

Until now, I haven't been giving much notice to GOW but after seeing those screenies I'm really intrigued. The art direction looks awesome. Still though, my eyes are on 2K7.