Presenting EAS-INF-Brikby...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Fat Marrow said:
Opfor -- don't know if you've seen the LondonCity thread, but I *may* have fixed the chopper crashing the server issue (using a new matt_AttackChopperMover class which can be set up to have more or less the same effect as the INFm_OneWayMover in the older versions of LondonCity).

I understand you use a chopper in the same way (but I've not played the latest version of Brikby to find out); I hope the new mover type is sufficiently self-explanatory.

Yep. It appears the chopper no longer crashes the server. But you need to add a blockall to the front and rear of the chopper because you can shoot through the front and rear of it. :(

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
{GD}NTKB said:
Yep. It appears the chopper no longer crashes the server. But you need to add a blockall to the front and rear of the chopper because you can shoot through the front and rear of it. :(

That's cool about the not crashing bit.

It would be difficult to match blockalls to the shape of the chopper, and if they protruded outside the chopper mesh (causing invisible walls, as it were), that would probably be more annoying for people (going by past experience anyway :) ).

The (probably) smart way to do it would be to make my mover roughly chopper shaped with a hole in the middle for people to get into. However that is beyond the scope of what I have the time/energy to do at the moment, and I don't think it would be worth creating yet another version of the map just for that (unless there is a serious gameplay issue I haven't thought of). On the plus side, I did thicken up the chopper mover box, so it should be much less easy (and may not even be possible now) to shoot through the bit where the players are (except from the side, of course).

Anyway, at least I've given you something specific to mention in your forthcoming review ;)

So, unless there *is* a serious gameplay flaw to do with the chopper, this map really is released now. And now I'm going to pour myself a nice glass of wine :)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Fat Marrow said:
That's cool about the not crashing bit.

It would be difficult to match blockalls to the shape of the chopper, and if they protruded outside the chopper mesh (causing invisible walls, as it were), that would probably be more annoying for people (going by past experience anyway :) ).

The (probably) smart way to do it would be to make my mover roughly chopper shaped with a hole in the middle for people to get into. However that is beyond the scope of what I have the time/energy to do at the moment, and I don't think it would be worth creating yet another version of the map just for that (unless there is a serious gameplay issue I haven't thought of). On the plus side, I did thicken up the chopper mover box, so it should be much less easy (and may not even be possible now) to shoot through the bit where the players are (except from the side, of course).

Anyway, at least I've given you something specific to mention in your forthcoming review ;)

So, unless there *is* a serious gameplay flaw to do with the chopper, this map really is released now. And now I'm going to pour myself a nice glass of wine :)

There is. The chopper is now worthless since people know to blast through the chopper. trust me even a few people mentioned the same thing. The block all can be very small just to allow no direct frontal shots through the middle.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
{GD}NTKB said:
There is. The chopper is now worthless since people know to blast through the chopper. trust me even a few people mentioned the same thing. The block all can be very small just to allow no direct frontal shots through the middle.

First of all, apologies for confusing this thread with the LondonCity thread (that's partly why I was wibbling on so much in my last post).

As I mentioned above, I've thickened up the chopper mover in LondonCity (doubled the thickness), whereas OpFor might not have done that. Is the thickened chopper mover bullet resistant, do we know?

Maybe it's still not resistant to RC50s, but maybe that's as it should be...

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Opfor is wanting to use Fat Marrows Chopper mover but it was causing crashes. Before Fat Marrow left both this map and LondonCity had it removed. When Fat Marrow gets back I believe we are going to pick up the testing to get the server crashes fixed.

The strange thing is that LondonCity crashed without the Chopper mover in it. It seems there was an issue with Breaking Glass. So, the Chopper Mover might in fact be fixed. Now that you have helped me with the never ending server log, I will no longer miss crash errors.

As for getting it, you could log onto GD and get the redirect download. Then you could un-cache the files. But Opfor has been ICQ'ing the map to me directly.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Personally, I think Brikby would be 20 times better without that chopper. It's just not needed and it's hard to get any real use out of it. If anything, more grass to hide in. Ditch chopper, add more grass. Or, maybe more buildings. The city portion is a bit small I think. Also, a sniper tower would be kind of cool. One that can overlook all the way to the ruins or so. I realize this is based on a real location, which I have no idea about at all, but still...I think it would be fun. But if I were to change one single thing about Brikby, it would be taking out the Helo.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Errrrr.......

Seriously, where did it go?

Remove the blackhawk and release it 'as is'. Even if it was 'buggy' at all, it was still extremely fun.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Issues I recall:

1. compass issues to Objective(s)
2. Cap timmer at Objective(s)
3. First Defender spawn would move, yet defenders might spawn in the first. Which would have sniper actors for the Attackers. This = dead Defender at wrong spawn.

I do not recall the Helo causing these issues (or any other issue near the last few betas).

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I have it working properly, but for some reason EAS hates me. The compass defaults to the co ordinates 0,0,0. I've tried everything, and nothing works. I gave it to shan for the DTAS server, it works fine there. So far the compass bug has invaded all my maps, and I cant get rid of it. I sent SS an email and got no reply. This might be the end of brikby and possibly a few other maps :\