Presenting EAS-INF-Brikby...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Ok, we found a major bug concerning spawns in this version, and I have it fixed. Please hurry up and log onto ICQ so I can upload it and make the crap spawns stop :(

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
You've done a great job with the map. Looks really nice.

Do you have any plans to do a printable map for it? Just to show where the various spawns and objectives are relative to each other...

OpFor

Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Sure. Heres a basic map drawn up in MS paint. The first objective is to hold some ruins in the middle of the the out door section so the attackers can have forward spawns. The second objective is to take the large house in town (the one with smoke rising beside it) and hold it, thus preventing the enemy from rooting through an ambushed convoy for supplies. You must complete the first objective (the old ruins) in order to move safely into town.

Attachments

• Brikby map.JPG
    Brikby map.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 56

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
This map is so sexy. I want it to have my children....

No not really, but the map is sweet. Like i said on the server, i would halve the capture time for the first Obj. Other than that, the map is badass, and the feeling of tension is really sweet. Overall the atmosphere is wonderful, and the grass and hills make me happy. Too bad GD is noscopes, or i'd make you all cry :D.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Ya, I really like the terrain section with the trees and grass before the town. But, the first objective needs to be shorter and be a very small % of the team.

The reason why you should only need a small % is that there still must be 0 defenders in the obj. So it is already very hard to secure. The Mostar secure objective works well this way.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Opfor:

I suggest that you drop the timer to 30 on the first Obj and also bring in the area to hold/take the Obj to just around the ruin area. Now it seems to go on for ever. Lower the Attacker to Defence % would be helpful too ;)

I would give suggestions about the next Obj but we never got to it ;)

Also NT has an idea about Support Choppers and the first Obj, that might be better (I think he ICQ'ed you)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Can I get a DL link. I would like to further test it offline. Online, I get killed before I can figure anything out. From my limited online experience, I was hoping for more mission concentration in the actual town. Now it seems that you added a huge out of town experience, taking away from the original map quite a bit.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
jaymian said:
Can I get a DL link. I would like to further test it offline.

jaymian... You probably know about the trick below but just in case anyone dont know.... :
You can convert the tempfile that download online: Go to the Cache-folder, open "cache.ini" and check for the map-file. Then copy the filename from "cache.ini" and check which temp-file it corrosponds. Then rename that tempfile by pasting the mapname. Then move the file to Inf/Maps and start Inf...

Last edited:

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Comments about the map:

I LOVE IT but...

-It HAVE TO BE A BIT BRIGHTER ALL OVER...
-The inside-areas must be brighter too; they are pitch-black, a bit unrealistic and very frustrating...
-The BSB-deathtraps must go...

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Opfor, with the version you gave me tonight (with flying Helo)

1. Ruin Counter is now at 60 (was at 45)
2. Somke is gone at downed Chopper.
3. There is a jeep that you can walk threw (next to truck that is on fire by Obj Building).
4. Near the front of the jeep above in issue #3 you get stopped by something in the road.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I have been getting a lot of server crashes on GD lately on LondonCity and now on Brikby

This is the last information in the Server log file:
Critical: appError called:
Critical: INFm_OneWayMover EAS-INF-Brikby.INFm_OneWayMover2 (Function INF_Mapping.INFm_OneWayMover.SetRotForInterpolation:0087) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: FFrame::Serialize
Critical: AActor::processState
Critical: Object INFm_OneWayMover EAS-INF-Brikby.INFm_OneWayMover2, Old State State Engine.Mover.TriggerToggle, New State State Engine.Mover.TriggerToggle
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=1)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 02/09/04 02:26:07​

Something went wrong with a mover?

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Maybe it's from the way I set up the attack chopper mover -- didn't seem strictly normal but I didn't know it was a crash potential...

Basically Key 0 is the chopper waiting to take off. Keys 1-6 are the chopper flying to the objective and returning. To get the chopper coming in at the start, I put the chopper off the map in key 7, and leave it there when saving map (in key 7). To stop the chopper looping back to that last position, I set NumKeys to 7 (not 8).

So the following keys are used every time the mover is triggered:

*trigger* 7->0 (brings in chopper to landing position)
*trigger* 0->1->2..->6->0 (key 6 and 0 are same position)
*trigger* 0->1->2..->6->0
and so on

Anyone know if that's the problem?

Last edited:

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Just thinking -- I could probably replace the INFm_OneWayMover I've got now with the new elevator mover (forget the exact name) and some DirectElevatorMoverTriggers (?); the downside is that -- without hacking it -- each key frame would last the same length of time (not vary depending on key num).

Probably easier to do than to explain...

OpFor

Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
-The BSB-deathtraps must go...

Err...? Can you point some out? Its hard to fix what I can't see :\

I bumped the counter up because of chopper support and stuff. I didnt know how much it would be affected, but really, you havent complained :p I removed the smoke because it was acting funky online, floating on the ground when it should be waaay up in the air. So yeah, ill fix the humvees up and stuff, and try and take a look at the BSP. Odie, be ready for a new version tonight :p

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
OpFor said:
Err...? Can you point some out? Its hard to fix what I can't see :\

I bumped the counter up because of chopper support and stuff. I didnt know how much it would be affected, but really, you havent complained :p I removed the smoke because it was acting funky online, floating on the ground when it should be waaay up in the air. So yeah, ill fix the humvees up and stuff, and try and take a look at the BSP. Odie, be ready for a new version tonight :p

I didn't have time to take a picture/note the location, but there was a house-sized BSP hole in the ground going from one of the secondary defender spawns towards the objective(s), by the side of the road (ISTR). This was a killzone too...

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay here are some screen shots. The first one is of the downed chopper with "red" smoke. Is this correct?

The next four are areas where I hit things in the road but nothing is there.

Edit:
I have XYZ loctions now in the screen shots ;)

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Shot0001.jpg
    Shot0001.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Shot0002.jpg
    Shot0002.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Shot0003.jpg
    Shot0003.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Shot0004.jpg
    Shot0004.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Opfor -- don't know if you've seen the LondonCity thread, but I *may* have fixed the chopper crashing the server issue (using a new matt_AttackChopperMover class which can be set up to have more or less the same effect as the INFm_OneWayMover in the older versions of LondonCity).

I understand you use a chopper in the same way (but I've not played the latest version of Brikby to find out); I hope the new mover type is sufficiently self-explanatory.