Predators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dont be a nubcake

Feb 29, 2008
Go see it. It is awesome more than you know. It has some pretty unexpected stuff in the movie that adds to the coolness overall. Felt very much like the classic Predator. It's not just "another Predator movie" either. I'd tell you WHY, but that would ruin everything. Go see it before it leaves the box office. Too awesome. Best sci-fi flick I've seen in YEARS.

Kind of seems like Alien to Aliens type of jump to me. "Predators" steps the whole Predator mythos up a notch;)

If I had to describe this movie in one word, it'd be : BRUTAL.

No spoilers.:D Can't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Best sci-fi flick you've seen in years? Superior to Inception, Avatar, District 9, Moon and Star Trek, all of which came out over the last year or so?

I happen to be a huge fan of both the Alien and Predator series...es... and while it's easily better than the horrible AVP films, I think "just another Predator movie" is exactly how I'd describe it. It doesn't suck, but there's nothing particularly brilliant about it either; in a lot of respects it's a rehash of the first one. I prefer Predator 2 if only because that film has a sense of humour, which the new one does not.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The OP obviously loves the movie, though he does give it more credit than it is worth. I liked the film and it is obviously better than Predator 2 and the AvP movies, but naming it the best sci fi movie in a while is pushing it.

Dont be a nubcake

Feb 29, 2008
Best sci-fi flick you've seen in years? Superior to Inception, Avatar, District 9, Moon and Star Trek, all of which came out over the last year or so?

I happen to be a huge fan of both the Alien and Predator series...es... and while it's easily better than the horrible AVP films, I think "just another Predator movie" is exactly how I'd describe it. It doesn't suck, but there's nothing particularly brilliant about it either; in a lot of respects it's a rehash of the first one. I prefer Predator 2 if only because that film has a sense of humour, which the new one does not.

I only liked Star Trek of the movies you listed. I saw that in theaters on premiere and absolutely loved it. However, I think it translates to DVD/BluRay poorly. It's just not the same on the "small" screen. The movie seems more trite and remakey to me on DVD. Something I've yet to be able to judge Predators on obviously.

I've always been more into Sci-Fi horror, than straight up Sci-Fi. Maybe it's more accurate to say Predators is the best Sci-Fi horror picture I've seen in a long time. A lot of this has to do with the fact that it harkens back to the original Predator. I'm not much of a fan of those super digital movies like Avatar and District 9. My "willing suspension of disbelief" or w/e is not that "willing" anymore.

It's for sure the best Pred/Alien film in a long time. Long story shorty, if your a fan, it's a must see.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I thought this thread was going to be about an issue in your local neighborhood and an excuse to get Chris Hansen into your town.

Dont be a nubcake

Feb 29, 2008
I thought this thread was going to be about an issue in your local neighborhood and an excuse to get Chris Hansen into your town.

LOL! :lol: That's Predators RAWWW...RAWW DUDE RAW. He moved on to nigerian scammers. That rules even more.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Predator movies should go straight up horror from now on.
Take a cue from The Decent and kick it up a notch.

Seeing Arny scream while mowing down a rainforest isn't exactly the defacto standard anymore :(

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
As for best sci-fi movie of recent times, I'd say Serenity wins.

I'd have to agree with you there. Serenity was the best Sci-Fi flick I'd seen since Equilibrium, and that's not even as Sci-Fi as it was Dystopian. I think you need to see Firefly before seeing Serenity though; I watched Serenity first and then saw the series. After watching the series I watched Serenity again and it was so much better.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Apparently it wasn't written or directed by the same guy.
Some people love the movie, some people hate it.

I'll watch it and see where it stands.
It's said to take off right where the first left us, which is interesting.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I love scifi so isn't easy for me to dislike anything from this genre.

I did a double feature today leading off with Inception. The two movies are have have a different quality standard to them, story wise that is. The only thing that pulled me out of the story in Predators was some of the cheesy dialog. Out of all the movies which have predators in it, I think this ranks #2. The first movie still being my favorite.

I agree with the op. I cant really tell you anything about it without spoiling it. You should see it if you are a fan. Lastly, seeing Adrien Brody as an action star seems so unlikely.. but I am now convinced he is up to the task.