[pre-format]How can I save my favorites list?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Click on the Start button, klick on run..., enter %homedrive%%homepath% and klick on ok. Copy/burn the folder named 'favorites' (or whatever it's called if you have a localized windows version) on a CD, done. If you want it in one file zip it first.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Actully I suggest zipping it if you plan to burn or go through them and remove invalid characters. Favorite links can have characters in them that burning software doesn't like. Zipping them gets rid of this problem.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
That's right. I forgot about that because I didn't need to burn my IE Favorites on a CD for ages... :D

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Copy your whole hard drive to another disk, and copy the stuff you need after reinstalling. That's the way I always do. That way I'm sure I don't forget anything :p

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Pikeman, you are right, it is there. Never used the silly thing but its there. For me I have a short cut to open my favs so its really not worth doing the microsoft way.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Heh, shows you how different you think if you have to do this regulary at work or only sometimes at home. Just copy the needed files to the new PC/profile of a user, done. Using import/export functions where they are not needed only means more klicks, which is bad.