1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Potheads are losers - We're doing you a favor"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dank, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

I grew up naive and patriotic in a conservative suburban neighborhood. My parents, church and schoolteachers told me America was a great country because it was governed by the rule of law, by wise and fair poilice officers who protected good people from the bad people.

After I begun using and growing marijuana for medicinal purposes, however, my childhood attitudes about police were replaced by fear. Cops were paid to enforce all laws, I realized, So I did everything I could to ensure that they never noticed me.

But they did anyway, after a greedy neighboor sold my name to a tip line after seeing my plants through a window. The cops spent $7,000 to fly an infrared-radar-equipped military helicopter over my house. This high-tech equipment produced a heat profile which showed a "likely marijuana-growing operation" on the west side of my house, according to the search-warrant affidavit. (My growroom was actually on the southeast side.)

Early on a cold November morning, 14 officers from the interagency marijuana task force stormed my house. They kicked down my door, forced me to the floor and put a cocked guns to my head. They told me they had evidence I was selling pot, and said if I did not confess and give them names and addresses of other pot users, they were going to "bring in the axes and chop the walls of this house down" to find "drug money, needles and guns".

Eyeing my stereo equipment and other valuables, they said that if I didn't cooperate, they were going to bring a moving van up to my house and load everything I owned into it.

"You know about forfeiture laws" one of them said. "You'll never get any of it back, even if you beat the criminal charges."

I had never been arrested, had never even been in a fistfight or owned a firearm. I was terrified because the officers were so revved up, so hostile.

Trying to humanize this brutal situation, I asked the police as many questions as they asked me. I asked why they'd become drug cops, why they liked making marijuana arrests.

An undercover cop told me he liked "pretending to be a hippie." "I enjoy making fools out of people and having the last laugh", he explained.

"You dopers are so stupid" he went on. "You don't think you're doing anything wrong, and it makes you careless. You're so stoned, you think everybody's groovy. You people just sit around listening to music and eating junk food. Busting potheads is a lot easier then busting crackheads - some of those people shoot back."

A young cop who was chain-smoking cigarettes and letting the ashes drop on my carpet said he became a narcotics officer because his father was a abusive alcoholic. "He was the victim of the gateway effect", the cop said earnestly. "He smoked pot and used harder drugs. The mre plants I kill, the less chance other people will end up like my father."

"I hate the marijuana plant." another declared. "I hate what it does to people. I even hate the smell of it." He held my front door open, stepping outside frequently to gasp for air. "I get headaches just smelling just smelling this weed," he said. "Potheads are losers, and I'm proud to protect society from you. This country could solve most of its problems if we put all dopers in jail".

I protested, telling the officers that marijuana relieved pain caused by a car accident and failed sugery. I showed them my medical records and doctor's recommendations for cannabis.

They laughed. "It doesn't matter how much pain your in." said the head of the marijuana eradication unit. "You broke the law, and now you're going to pay for it."

"We're doing you a favor". said the officer who had been the first to point a gun at me. "Once you beat the addiction, you might be a good member of society again."

At one point I started crying, and I told the officers that I couldn't believe how mean they were. "In a war there are always innocent casualties", an officer said, grinning at my tears. "The end justifies the means."

It flashed on me that there men were not just doing their job, nor were they just misguided zealots. They were evil.

My suspicions were confirmed when they told me that unless I confessed to selling pot, they were going to take me away, conceal themselves in my house and wait for my wife to come home.

"She'll be all alone with us," an officer said, leering. "You know how tough interrogation can get". I refused to confess; they took me away. When my wife came home from work, they jumped her and told her I had implicated her in drug sales. "We do a pretty thorough job of strip-searching", an officer told her. Tougher then I had been, she refused to utter one word.

We were charged with felony cultivation and sale of marijuana. I spent $10,000 on attorney. After five preliminary hearings and 21 other court appearances, the charges against my wife were dropped and the judge sentenced me to a fine and three years' probation.

"The defendant was growing and using marijuana for medicinal purposes," she explained. "And the conduct of the arresting officers impeaches all the law-enforcement agencies involved."

I thanked Jah for this "victory", but I'm not a free man. My lawyer warns that the terms of my probation allow police to do a no-knock entry of my home. Even if you're clean, he cautions, if you cause any problems the cops will bring contraband with them, which they'll conveniently "find".

I'm left with fear and disillusionment and biterness. I try not to hate all police. Many of them are good people doing a tough, necessary job. But if police really want to be good people, they have to stop enforcing marijuana laws. Just look the other way.

I once believed that a gun and badge were accompanied by compassion and conscience. I was wrong. Police officers who volunteer for marijuana eradication, who enjoy arresting marijuana users and growers, are cold-hearted ideologues who use the cover of law to harm harmless people.

They believe the "Drug War" is a holy war, a war to win at all costs. They want to destroy hippies, nature-lovers, free thinkers and adventurers.

They want to destroy me. I cannot forgive them, nor underestimate them.

----------------------------------

True story of a victim of the Drug war.

[​IMG]

2. Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia Hedonistic Forum Panacea

Maybe now Eyes will understand where my contempt for cops comes from. This is how <i>every</i> single cop I've ever know has behaved.

3. Wikkan

Wikkan Dickhead Fulfilled!

That article just pissed me off and pissed on me. While I go grab a towel I'll give my opinion.

Those police officers are typical zealots who probably shouldn't have a badge. That was garbage. Though I disagree that doing searches for grow-ops are not a bad idea. What people don't seem to see is the other side. Sure, some police are idiots, but you forget why they do stuff like this. Pot heads don't see that the many dealers go for little children. People sell it to make money. And yeah, it does often lead people to other drugs. A friend of mine a while ago started smoking pot, he then tried speed and soon was hooked on the acid and doing magic mushrooms and heroin. He told me never to even go near pot. Doing it, he said, made him want a better high. And thats what destroyed his mind and made him drop out at sixteen. I will never try pot, nor would I advocate its usage. I don't hate the users at all. I also will not defend them. Until it is considered legal, with a prescription, police will come busting down your doors. My advice is to just "say no", something my friend should have done a long time ago.

4. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

I started smoking pot when I was 12, I lived with pot and grew up with it and learned how to be a responsible stoner.

Your friend was obviously some dumb punk kid who had bad parents.

Parents need to teach kids how to use cannabis in a responsible way.

I've never had the urge to try harder drugs, hell I dont even drink alcohol.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Wikkan

Wikkan Dickhead Fulfilled!

lol Budz. My fingers up to you too.

Any hoo, his parents were pot users as well. He stole it from them and when they found out the most they did was ground his ass and tell him "no". He did it anyway after that. But I must admit the acid and shrooms may have been from peer pressure too. The even sadder thing is, before he got into drugs he wanted to be a soldier or a military pilot. :(

6. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

Shouldn't be smoking that **** man, after years of use you'll be a paranoid, delusioned, pyscopath living on the street painting pictures on the ground with colored chalk so people will throw nickles into your dirty baseball cap so you can feed your 14 kids.

:)

7. Pretorious

Pretorious IH8GOP

Wow Dank.....Im speechless. I feel for ya man, that just isn't right what they did and said.

8. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

Once again it comes back to the parents......

If they had sat the kid down and rolled a phatty, watched a movie and ate some munchies, and had a sort of birds-and-bees talk with him about the responsible use of cannabis and how it is a religion to the rastafarians and how to praise jah by using it, they would have been no need for the guy to go look for a BBD (bigger better deal).

Also, acid and shrooms are fine in moderation. (never tried them myself though)

9. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

I am going to be 26 in September. I've lived a pretty good life and get by damn well.

What pisses me off the most is the fact that I am considered a criminal in my own country and would get thrown in jail with the murderers and rapists for growing/smoking a little pot.

I am thinking about packing everything up and moving to the Netherlands.

I just feel bad having to be exiled from the country I was born in because of some big fat-cat politicians want to tell me what I can and can not do.

I think I'll go get drunk and run over some pregnant women now.

[​IMG]

10. Dano3000

Dano3000 New Member

Cool Dank!!!!

hey what do you know, im 12, and i smoke pot what a strange happening

for all of you who say that smoking mary jane is bad (mmmkay)

IT IS NOT
    MARY JANE IS THE BEST THING I HAVE KNOWN SINCE I WAS IN 4TH GRADE!!!MARY JANE HAS KEPT ME ALIVE!MARY JANE IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS (besides whiskey, tequilla, and other narcotics)

dam that reminds me of this one time that reminds me of how stupid cops are

i was getting really baked with a friend of mine and we decided to go outside(for some strange reason) and i heard one of his dogs say, "YO CHEET CHEET SKANKY FRUIT SNACK" so i got all pissed and kicked dirt and rocks at him, then dead people started coming out of the ground, and a tree turned into a dick. Anyway, there came a cop when i was seeing all the dead poeple and he asked me what im doing (of course, those nosey bastards) I told him i was practicing throwing a baseball for a big game and he came out of the car with that piggy look on his face. Sweat rolled down my face and back. He put his grubby little fingers on his gun, like he was about to pull it out and hold me hostage or something. he just sat there staring at me for aobut 15 seconds, with his hand, on his gun. Soooo, he came over to me and said, "No no no son, you throw it like this."

that was the scariest moment of my life.

11. CyanideTriscuit

CyanideTriscuit UScript hack

I think pot is bad. I have never smoked it, and will never. I also don't drink, and will never.

However, I have no problem if other people do it. As long as they keep it within the privacy of their homes and away from me. Personally, I think pot (cigarettes too) should be legal, but restricted to home use.

The ONE thing that I hated about going to college last year was that the entrances to each hall absolutely REEKED of smoke. Ugh. Thing is, it's illegal for people to smoke within like 50 ft of the entrances... but get this... they have no staff to enforce the rules. None whatsoever. Only the res halls had people who could shoo away the smokers, and consequently the res halls' entrances smelled just fine.

DankBudz, I'm sorry that had to happen to you. You were keeping your habit, however wrong I view it to be, to yourself and not hurting anyone around you. If I was in charge, it would not be so. But alas...

On the bright side, I did just turn 18 so now I can vote and make a difference :)

12. Sebu_NZ

Sebu_NZ Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!

Alcohol is worst than pot in my opinion. The fact the alcohol is so widely accepted and advocated by society makes it even more dangerous. I would much rather someone stone at the wheel than someone drunk at the wheel. It has been proven that kaya is not a step-up drug.

13. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

Indeed it is proven, when the Dutch partially legalized marijuana in the 70's, heroin and cocaine use substantially declined, despite a slight increase in marijuana use. If the stepping stone theory were true, use should have gone up rather than down. In reality, it appears that marijuana use tends to substitute for the use of relatively more dangerous hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, rather than lead to their use. Thus, oftentimes strict marijuana laws themselves are the most significant factor involved in moving on to harder drugs like cocaine. Such is the case in Nevada and Arizona, the states toughest on marijuana use. A recent study by Columbia University's Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse attempts to show, like many past studies have, that marijuana users are more likely to use heroin or cocaine. But what the study actually does show is that a large number of heroin or cocaine users have used marijuana, not the reverse. What is not mentioned is that just as many or even more had probably also drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, had sex, or eaten sandwiches prior to their hard drug use. In fact, a National High School survey tells us that in 1990, 40.7% of all high school students had tried marijuana or hashish at least once, whereas only 9.4% and 1.3% had ever used cocaine and heroin, respectively. Thus, at maximum, only 23% of marijuana users go on to use cocaine, and only 3% go on to use heroin. Thus, the stepping stone theory fails on even empirical grounds.

[​IMG]

14. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

What a bunch of ****ups. I bet that they felt proud after getting their "police license" in the mail :mad:

I agree with everything that Cyanide said. I don't smoke pot or do dope and never will.

15. Sebu_NZ

From Local Newspaper:

50% of our kids have try Marijuana.

But then again we are probably the highest in the country simple because the growing condistion here are absolutely prefect.

But it wouldn't surpise me the national average is just under that, hell maybe little higher.

16. Dank

Dank Mac Guru

What are the drug laws like in NZ ?

17. Sebu_NZ

Pretty leanent here, still illegal though :D

18. RavenStarSinger

RavenStarSinger I can make you die laughing or just shoot you

IMO

I know precisely what Dank is talking about when he says "responsible stoner" . . . see, I started smoking dope when I was 12, too. Thing is, I didn't KNOW anyone who really smoked much, to show me the ropes. I basically DID end up trying everything except heroine afterwards, and got my ass kicked out of school. This sounds bad, and it WAS bad, but what happened shortly afterwards is that I met MoonDog, a 39 year-old who's been smoking since God was an infant. Anyhow, MoonDog is a responsible stoner, and he showed me "the Way" (Jah excluded, however, Dank). I am getting my GED, hold down a full-time job, pay all my bills, and manage to take care of myself and lead a decent, and fulfilling life, and I still smoke weed. I love it, it removes the pain of severe migraines and back problems. It's made my life a little more liveable . . . and, NO ONE THAT I HAVEN'T TOLD know's I smoke pot. It doesn't affect my life, I don't come to work stoned (in fact, I generally only smoke about two hours before I go to bed, like now :)) The fact that I am pulling my life together and doing so well only goes to show that it's not the pot that causes the problems, it's the carelessness and irresponsible usage of it. I will smoke weed til my dying day, and no one will take that from me. I don't grow it, I don't sell it, and I only share it with people I know real well (call me selfish, call me paranoid, but I don't buy enough to share, it's not a "social thing" for me, anyhow). Anyhow, for those of you out there that know that feeling, smoke on. Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong. And for those of you that can't be responsible with your cheeba . . . you need to find a mentor or some **** to figure things out!

19. funkstylz

funkstylz I CLEAN TEH LATRINE

I'm not a fan, but it's not up to me.

All I know is, I had to watch all of my friends back home turn from uber smart, to uber dumb as fuk, because they smoke TOO MUCH of that ****. It should be legalised, if only to take the coolness factor out of it.

I'm not a big fan, but frankly it's only fair it's made legal if only because Alcohol and Cigs are.

20. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

OMG this is sickening...

I'd like to start off by saying I do not smoke pot. I also don't smoke cigarettes (for some reason, I am really allergic to nicotine, or anything smoked, but I can still breathe in second hand smoke just fine, even though it's not good for you :D). I do, however, drink, and I know myself that this is more dangerous than pot. So I really don't see what the big deal is with legalizing weed.

The "War on Drugs" is just an idealistic fantasy. A joke. Now sick cops like those mentioned in your story can exploit their power, or "flex their muscle" to the people. I am guessing many of these cops have low self esteem, or are complete losers, so they wish to spoil others happiness. Weed, as long as it is used in moderation/away from people who don't like it, is not so bad. I have two friends (for indentities sake, lets call them Bob and John). Both of them smoke pot. Bob is a really good student. He smokes everyday, but only at night, and his parents know and dont mind. He has a GPA of 3.6 minimum (very nice...), and weed is not the only thing he cares about. He is on a damn sports team! And not all people who use weed are just stoned out potheads. I don't give a damn if someone smokes weed or not, doesn't make them any less or anymore of a person. John, on the other hand, smokes everyday many times a day. He smokes in public, before school, after school, and during school if he can hide it. He is usually stoned during school (or wasted... he drinks excessively too). He is a really cool guy, actually my friend, when he isn't stoned/wasted. However, when he is, he is an utter moron. Almost everyone tells him to stop using so much of that ****, but he wont stop. Consequently, he has a GPA of less than 1.0, and has been kicked from the baseball team. He is moving to stronger and stronger drugs by week. Noone can help his situation, and he lives away from his parents now (his parents are really bad parents, for all terms and purposes they suck).

The cops you mentioned are for all intents and purposes evil. You should've have sued. They cannot do that to you. If you really did have medical papers to prove your use of cannabis, than there was no damn reason for them to assault your house like a freaking military operation. And a helicopter? WHere the hell do they think they are? Most of these cops are just wannabe military guys. They get some kind of their own personal "high" by storming peoples houses, thinking they are elite soldiers (pardon the pun :D). These slobs wouldn't last five seconds in the real military, so they join the enxt best thing; the police. Either that or some over job they would probably be able to handle (McDonalds anyone?).

I find it really hard to respect cops. Even though my uncle is one, and a damned good one, it is really hard to trust these people who are supposedly there to protect you from the "evils" of the world. In every batch of grapes, there are usually a few bad seeds. But damn, it seems like we got ALOT of bad seeds. We carry handguns for personal defense against criminals. It seems the cops are quickly blurring the lines between criminal and cop. I seriously have a very hard time trying to trust them.