Post your stats.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
10,658th. That's 510 kills and 268 deaths.

Stopped playing months ago, of course, and I'm pretty sure nothing on the FragBU server ever counted because it was unranked at the time (maybe it still is). D:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
It's still thankfully unranked. Even if it was, it wouldn't count towards stats because of the talking icon mutator and a few others. :D

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Now, correct me if I'm wrong on this assumption, but doesn't the fact that a fourth to a third (or more) of anyone's kills come from a single weapon (rocket launcher) point to an obvious imbalance between the weapons? And I'm talking decent players; one's who you would expect to use all the weapons skillfully.

In JD's case, 31.71% of all his kills are via rockets. Another 15.83% come from flak. That's nearly 50% of all kills from a mere two weapons out of nine. Isn't this exactly what everyone complained about in UT2004? Only instead of rockets and flak it was sniper and shock.

Same problem, different day. D:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I dunno about that T2A` but I'll speak from my case, I might have more kills with the rocket but I also have more deaths holding so in comparison to my BioRifle stats you might assume that is a stronger weapon.

So to that end I think youd have to take total weapon effectiveness into account, including deaths holding and suicides with. The rocket launcher is a better weapon now but I wouldnt say its overpowered vs the new shock, infact I think its evened out alittle finally.

Personally I just think the stats show what weapons people are better with, now if we were to look globally across all stats there might be a trend towards rockets but that could be because its easier to hit a triple rox then a flying shombo for eg.

Even in 2k4 I saw people whos rox+flak kills added up to almost 50% of the kills even though the trend suggested sniper+shock were the way to go.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Now, correct me if I'm wrong on this assumption, but doesn't the fact that a fourth to a third (or more) of anyone's kills come from a single weapon (rocket launcher) point to an obvious imbalance between the weapons? And I'm talking decent players; one's who you would expect to use all the weapons skillfully.

In JD's case, 31.71% of all his kills are via rockets. Another 15.83% come from flak. That's nearly 50% of all kills from a mere two weapons out of nine. Isn't this exactly what everyone complained about in UT2004? Only instead of rockets and flak it was sniper and shock.

Same problem, different day. D:
Or it could mean that it's just a really good finisher weapon and I'm constantly switching between them all. D: