Post 2.9 Official Weapon Suggestions Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
i've gotten pretty fast with 3dsmax, i can do a whole set of weapon animations within a couple of hours really...but i've been lazy and i keep playing inf :p

and dr.J, don't forget 3rd person models :)

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Back to weapons... I'd also like to see a more commonly used AK (AK-47 anyone? :p).
Also the more M16 variants, the better, as IMO each has its advantages and disadvantages. M16A4 (which imo should replace M16A2) and M4A1 are relatively more accurate yet heavier, and allow attachments on the flattop rail. M4A1 being slightly less accurate at long ranges yet lighter and easier to manuver with. Car-15 is almost same as M4A1 in looks, but doesn't have the recoil compensating flash hider and is less accurate, but it's significantly lighter and can still use a scope over the carrying handle and attachments that go to the handguards, including trijicon agoc reflex sights, flashlights, m203 etc. Then we have the commando - like M4A1 (or like car-15, not sure, I think both types exist), only less accurate and even easier to move around with. m203 is problematic on this one. Of course, it may be difficult to model all, but the models are relatively similar to eachother so I may be wrong. Anyway, none of them will be a "useless" one.
As for M16 attachments, if in the future you won't have to re-model the weapon for every attachment combination, I think the M16 series weapons should have at least trijicon acog reflex, trijicon agoc 4x, harris bipod, m203, flashlight and LAM. Also possible to add aimpoint, and if NV is added, an aquilla 4x (which I can give technical details for if needed).
UZI: I wouldn't ever use the original one, as it's 3.5kg empty and uses 9mm... If u want an Uzi I would take one of the shorter ones (mini or micro) so that at least you enjoy its very short length considering u suffer from weak 9mm ammo.
M82 is an effective and commonly used long range sniper rifle (yes, against people too and not only against materials). Definately more used in millitaries than the robar, isn't it?
Pistols - I believe having at least 1 glock variant (if not more) would be nice, though I never really use pistols. If they are made significantly easier to aim fast with them though (which is a completely another issue) then it may be worth the investment adding glocks.
MGs: Although FN MAGs are still used in armies (yes, man-portable too), I don't see people taking it in-game, as for the ranges in INF the minimi is many times more effective, as well as MGs being overall ineffective in the INF environment. It, of course, would be cool to have, if one would have the time to invest in it. Just don't forget that it's basically impossible to aim it (and very hard to aim the minimi btw) in standing and crouch, though in prone both should be very deadly weapons.
Also weapons with tripods (M2HB and possibly FN MAG) should be easier to actually use in-game, starting by making it possible to actually aim them.

PBH

Waiting for Armageddon
Jan 2, 2004
ohio
geogob said:
I'd love to see more animators with time to spare on their hands :D

Im trying with making remarkablely slooow progress... At least im trying

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Gal-z- The Car-15 and Colt Commando are the same thing. Plus, the under-14" carbine role is allready being filled by the G36C. Even if there were a an opening for another type of carbine, I'm sure most would rather use something un-Colt just for variety.

Also, the mini-Uzi is allready in the armory. I think the lack of glocks is due to a non-milspec thing.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
KoRn|int said:
Hi
I would love to see the AKS-74 instead of the AKMS.
I also would love to see the AS VAL, Pistolet Grach, SV-98, G 22, MP5SD5,
maybe Bizon 2, G 36, AN-94 Abakan and CAR-15 :)

Let's see:

MP5SD5: If I remember Heckler & Koch's designation codes correctly, the MP5SD5 should be the MP5 series submachine gun with integral wipeless suppressor (SD), fixed stock (last number is odd) and three-round burst trigger group (last number is 5). I *really* don't see the point of adding this since we already have the MP5/40 with an external suppressor attachment and the MP5N is slated to fill the 9x19mm SMG niche.

Bizon 2: An extremely compact 9x18mm Russian submachine gun notable primarily for the generous ammunition capacity (66 rounds) of its underbarrel-mounted helical tube magazine. Its short range and small size make it more a PDW than a proper SMG, and it seems redundant since both the MP5K-PDW and the Micro-Uzi are planned.

G36: Heckler & Koch's offering in the 5.56x45mm assault rifle market, vastly superior to the Colt M-16 in terms of reliability due to its closed gas piston and somewhat more accurate due to its polygonally rifled barrel and dual mode red dot / 3.5x optical sight system. Already in the armory, although it's the super-compact G36C entry weapon rather than the full-size G36 assault rifle or the shortened G36K assault carbine.

AN-94 Abakan: By far the most advanced assault rifle currently in service with any military, the AN-94 was designed to match the reliability and ruggedness of the AK-series assault rifles while improving on range and accuracy. On paper, it's the standard-issue assault rifle of the Russian military; in reality, it's only available to elite units due to the former USSR's ever-present budget shortfalls. While an AN-94 would be a unique and highly effective addition to the Infiltration armory, it is highly unlikely since obtaining the detailed technical information required to model the weapon to Infiltration standards would probably require a trip to Russia.

CAR-15: An early series of very short-barreled assault carbines based on the Colt M-16 assault rifle, ultimately replaced by the newer M4 assault carbine. The earliest CAR-15s were essentially M-16s with the barrel cut down to a length of ten inches and a shortened folding buttstock installed in place of the standard fixed one; issued to various Special Forces units during the Vietnam War, the carbines proved extremely useful in close-quarters combat but had serious issues with excessive noise and muzzle flash. An obsolete weapon, and redundant since the M4 is in the armory.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Some special forces still prefer the car-15 over M4 because it is significantly lighter. Also the Israeli standard issue car-15 has same barrel length as the M4, only with M16A1 features (square forward assist, 1:12" barrel, fixed loop). Of course it's not even close to necessary, but its model wouldn't be very different than the M4 model, and therefore may be easier to make (though don't catch me on this since I have no idea how to model stuff :p).
The commando is different than the car-15 (at least the one used by the Israeli army) - check www.isayeret.com (weapons section).

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
The Colt Model 609 Commando (XM177-E1 and XM177-E2) was the final version of Colt's CAR-15 series; it is basically an M-16A1 with a collapsible stock, a shortened ten-inch twist barrel (eleven and a half inch on the -E2) and an improved muzzle flash suppressor.

What the Israelis call a CAR-15 is the Colt Model 653, which is a knockoff of the true CAR-15 with a longer fourteen and a half inch barrel that permits it to mount the Saco M203 underbarrel grenade launcher (and more importantly makes it legal for export -- it's harder to export short-barrel rifles because there's a bunch of extra regulations on them). The Israelis have refitted some of these rifles with newer 1:7 twist barrels for modern SS109/M855 ammunition, although most retain the original 1:12 twist barrel and M193 ammunition; for budget reasons, the upgraded rifles retain the original M-16 style fixed loop handle rather than the newer detachable flattop handle found on the M-4, M-16A3 and M-16A4. However, the Israelis also have some bastardized CAR-15/M-4 hybrids made by retrofitting CAR-15s with flattop recievers from M-4s, and some of their elite units have proper M-4s.

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
And to add more to this, there is absolutely no reason for that many AR-15 varients in-game. A full size M16A4 (Dr. J has already made a model) and an M4A1 (Dr. J has already made a model) are really all that is needed.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
some of their elite units have proper M-4s
I'm not in an elite unit and I have a proper M4A1 :p
M4A1 is standard issue in "veteran" (about 1 year in the army) units, as well as for advanced marksmen - in Golany brigade, adv marksmen get it while still in training, which is how I got one. Most are with a meprolight optical sight (or elbit falcon reflex sight where budget doesn't allow meprolight) and sometimes (not often though) a flashlight. Adv marksmen get it with a trijicon 4x for day, aquilla 4x for night, and usually with a harris bipod as well (though it's sometimes removed by the soldier, probably due to comfort reasons).