Post 2.9 Official Weapon Suggestions Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Ok, IMO, Inf needs a new armoury if it wants to remain a military orientated mod (whether a mercenaries Vs mercenaries mod or something else like East Vs West). Post your suggestions for Infiltration, keeping in mind that most people want a more military orinetated game weapons wise.

Pistols:

- Sig Sauer P226
- Mk 23 Mod 0
- "Grach" pistol

Submachineguns
- MP5N: Aimpoint, suppressor, flashlight
- Mini Uzi
- P90: flashlight, suppressor

Assault Rifles/Battle Rifles/Carbines

- M16A2: ACOG scope, M203
- M4A1: ACOG, Aimpoint, M203, suppressor
- AKMS: Cobra sight, GP-25 grenade launcher
- AK74M: scope, GP-25, suppressor, Cobra sight
- FN FAL: SUIT scope, possibly rifle grenades
- G3K4
- L85A2

Sniper Rifles

- SVD
- Accuracy International "Super Magnum" in .300 Winchester Magnum
- possibly a MSG90, depends on how similiar it would be to the Dragunov

Grenades/Grenade Launchers

- HK69:
- RGN offensive hand grenade
- M67 frag grenade
- M84 "flashbang"
- Smoke grenades

EDIT- whoops, forgot Machineguns and Shotguns, thanks Gnam

Machineguns

- Minimi
- PKM
- possibly the RPK

Shotguns

- Remington 870
- maybe the Saiga 12 gauge.

Last edited:

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
For the most part I don't really have any objections to your version of the armory, it's pretty spot-on. I especially agree with your subsitution of the M4 aimpoint instead of the LAM. For variety's sake the AK74M could be in SU format to differenciate it from the AKM and also add a rifle-caliber, russian SMG to the mix. I also think you could keep the M92FS and add the Sig P228 instead of the 226, that way you have 2 9mms, as is apropriate since they're the most common military pistols, but they could still be somewhat different from eachother functionally instead of identical. I also think there should be 1 5.56 SMG; either the G36C, CAR-15/XM177/M733, or SG 552. If you use the Car-15 then ditch the M4 and replace it with the SG551 or similar 5.56 carbine so there's not too many Colts.

I can't comment much on your sniper selections since I don't know much about sniper rifles, but I will miss the MSG-90. I think it's not a bad idea to keep some traces of the original Inf weapons around, just for nostalgia's sake and because the armory is part of what we think of when we think of Inf.

You left out shotguns and LMGs, though I think Inf's current selection for those is fine. Bringing the LMG count up to 2 might be nice. Also, a russian pistol caliber SMG might be fun, like the Bizon SMG, even though they don't use em much.

Last edited:

Rattus

Never mess with a RODENT!
Dec 3, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Well... read my sig ;)

BTW, If you don't now latin, or at least Ciceros saying, it means (roughly translated, for I am no native english speaker):

By the way, I think that the Steyr AUG should be added! :D

BUt I generally agree to your weapons.

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Steyr AUG is crap, honestly. It has a few neat innovations, but other than that it is just a lousy, unreliable rifle with so many intergrated systems that it deserves a cookie... It's almost like the Dell of assualt rifles.

It has been adopted by a few armed forces though, which makes it an elidgible candidate.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
- Accuracy International "Super Magnum" in .300 Winchester Magnum
A bolt action rifle in a sensible caliber with a decent scope (mil-dots or any decent range-finding reticule) would be win.

What about a MAG? Far too widely used to be not included I'd say.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I think they shouldn´t be too many weapons. That´s what makes INF so serious kind, cuz it limmits the weaponry to a good minimum. I hate those **** like in Raven Shield where you have 60 guns and 45 are useless.

I personally would like to have a full sized AK (no matter AK-47, AK-74, AK-74M... AK-100... whatever SVD Dragunov maybe for sniper?...), so 2 russian weapons would be good enough (one SMG like, the AKMSU and one assaultrifle).

Otherwise I say, what I ever say, no new guns, just redesign the existed weapons (better models and skins, more details), most important (for me) better ironsights, so every weapon, which allready is in INF, will be a new experience and everybody will want to play with M16`s and MP5`s again and even longer.

To implement attachment sights is a good idea, aimpoints (this scope like) and the aimpoints which are smaller (see AA:O) would be good, to make the ironsight use different, so it will be more interessting to use the same gun with different sights. Flashlights for most weapns would be fine (to loadout).

G36

Loose Cannon
Oct 19, 2003
www.homestarrunner.com
Why does everyone always ask for the M4? We've already got the M16, SIG and FAMAS, all the M4 would add is a slightly less bulky M16 with auto fire. Woooo.

I'd like an H&K G3, FN FAL, a .40 S&W pistol (Beretta 96 and H&K USP come to mind), a M60 and a proper calibre AK variant. Oh and a G36 of course :p

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
My wishes:
Weapons:
FR-F2:
fr-f2-1.jpg

PGM 12.7 (Hecate II?)
hecate_ii_b.jpg

Mortars (Must be handled by several people)

Cammo:
French TDF ("Terre de France")
ghillie suit

Equipment:
NVG
Binoculars

Last edited:

Rattus

Never mess with a RODENT!
Dec 3, 2003
Austria
Visit site
DooMfreak said:
The Steyr AUG is crap, honestly. It has a few neat innovations, but other than that it is just a lousy, unreliable rifle with so many intergrated systems that it deserves a cookie... It's almost like the Dell of assualt rifles.

How come you "know" that? During my time in Austrian Military I fell in Love with that weapon: it is light, it is accurate, I generally love bullpups, because you can move around faster.
The only "integrated" system is the trigger controlled rof: pull short: semi auto, pull halfway: 3 round burst, pull fully: full auto. After getting used to it, it somehow becomes natural.

Only flaw: to dismantle it for cleaning after use, but that have all guns in comon.

ninjin

The Franco-Japanese Carrot
Feb 24, 2001
Dalhousie Univ., NS, Canada
- Howa Type-64 in 7.62 NATO Battlerifle (old jieitai weapon, japan)
- Howa Type-87F in 5.56 NATO Assault rifle (current jieitai weapon, japan)
- FN FAL
- G3A4
- Fullsized AKM

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Rattus said:
How come you "know" that? During my time in Austrian Military I fell in Love with that weapon: it is light, it is accurate, I generally love bullpups, because you can move around faster.
The only "integrated" system is the trigger controlled rof: pull short: semi auto, pull halfway: 3 round burst, pull fully: full auto. After getting used to it, it somehow becomes natural.

Only flaw: to dismantle it for cleaning after use, but that have all guns in comon.

Shakken can write a full book to explain why it is a crap :D

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
I would really like to see binoculars as an "equipment" option. Maybe someone can write a mutie for it?

As far as the M4, I think it would be nice to add if done properly - that is with slightly lessened accuracy from M16A2, and all the options from the SOPMOD kit. I'd love to have a single/auto M4 with supressor and aimpoint...

I agree on the battle rifles idea - FN FAL, G3, M14 - one or more need to be added.

Also agree that more eastern weapons need to be in the armory. I'd like to see the AKMSU replaced with a 5.45mm AKS-74U (is that the proper terminology for it?), and a full-sized 7.62mm AK variant added - AKM or AK-103. And I think an RPK/RPK-74 would be a nice alternative to the Minimi as a light machinegun - could be considered less bulky, offset is smaller mag sizes - which would be compatible with AKM/AK-103 or AKS-74U, depending on which variant is added.

Other guns that would be nice but would overlap existing weapons include the L85A2 and G36. They're too cool not to include... Hehehe.

Matthew

Last edited:

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
G36 said:
Why does everyone always ask for the M4? We've already got the M16, SIG and FAMAS, all the M4 would add is a slightly less bulky M16 with auto fire. Woooo.
Agreed. Everyone asks for the M4 because it's "cool" and it's more widely used than the SIG. Atleast if it was a Car-15 there would be a decent accuracy and power difference. Either switch the M4 to a Car-15 and keep the SG 551 or switch the 551 to a 552 and keep the M4. I suppose most people would prefer the latter.

I agree about binoculars. I've suggested it a few times but it never gets anywhere. Shooting your target with iron sights from 200 meters is no problem, but discerning whether your target is an enemy, a team mate, or a lamp post before you shoot it kinda is.

About the AUG...one of the main criticisms of it is it comes standard with a scope and the iron sights are of pistol-type length, so they would be hard to use IRL but in Inf it doesn't really translate since your sights or automatically aligned. Also, it's easy to burn your hands on the barrel because of the small handgaurd/foregrip and the only functional difference between it and an ACOG FAMAS is the fire selector. Yeah, it looks cool, but who cares?

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
You can also put a surpressor on it as well, as some missons require steath. If you every wach the movie "phone booth" on the busy street or a heavy combat zone your really would be able to here the bolt action as well as the muzzle flash and such. The AW convert is a good example of a silenced sniper rifle.

Last edited:

ninjin

The Franco-Japanese Carrot
Feb 24, 2001
Dalhousie Univ., NS, Canada
AFAIK, the PSG-1 is capable of having a suppressor, but im not firearm-buff so i could be pulling stuff out of my ass.
I'd like to see attachments to the M9.

to tell the truth, rather than seeing completely new weapons (which can be done by 3rd party modelers), i'd rather see more attachments.

e.g.
5-7 - lam, suppressor
M9 - lam, flashlight, suppressor
MP5/40 - surefire, suppressor, lam, aimpoint
P-90 - surefire, suppressor, lam
Sig 551 - flashlight, lam, ACOG, aimpoint
FA-MAS - aimpoint, lam, ACOG, suppressor
M-16A2 - M203, ACOG, flashlight
AKMSU - suppressor, drum

etc etc. Sure it may "unbalance" a few weapons and make weapons liks the FA-MAS and the Sig seem to similar, but why not?