possible to run V3 with mapvote to allow other gametypes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nihilist

Oct 5, 2003
the two members that were running the T5K server have both left t5k (myself and Iari) , and that server will be down soon. I have a 12 man server that I use for carball right now. and wouldn't mind adding FHIv3 to mapvote. is this possible ?.......

if not would anyone be willing to donate to the cause and I will admin a server for the community (I havent installed FHI v3, is there any demand for a well run server) and share admin responsibilites. with any donatees if they want...I would like to keep it just vanilla settings.

Feel free to email me at Nihilist@sympatico.ca

Thanks

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
it is possible. as you allready know about the problems, here is a general workflow:

open the default.ini in the mod-dir.
compare it with your ut2004.ini and add all paths beginning with a "+"
add all mod-specific ini-sections to your ini too.
in the mapvote-section add a mod-specific part (e.g. GameConfig=(GameClass="FHI.FHI",Prefix="FHI",Acronym="FHI",GameName="Frag House Invasion V3",Mutators="UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG,XGame.MutRegen",Options="GameStats=True")

the order of the paths might be important but i had no problems yet.
don't forget to add the serverpackages...

now the bad news:
with the builtin mapvote, you have to add the serverpackages in the ut2004.ini which means, your clients have to download them, evan if they dont want to play fhi and it's not even running... you might try it without adding the serverpackages, as a gametype should push it's packages automaticaly, but fhi is not perfect in this place, as it has multiple superclasses, and it might be the case, that not all packeges get pushed...

the better way is to use ut2vote, which has the ability to add serverpackages on mapswitch, and deletes them after it's use. in this case what i did was coding a little dummy-mutator (now there are 26 dummys available on proasms site) and make a dummy add all the needed packages.

as long as you have full control over your redirect and you are shure, that all players never used the v2, or know what to do with conflicting packages, or you simply don't care, it works very well...

Nihilist

Oct 5, 2003
i tried it but im having trouble....do I include the "+" sign when i add them to the ut2004.ini in the root system folder

nevermind I had to add all the fraghouse system files to the root system folder

Last edited:

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Nihilist,

So you got it to work? I run SMP and RPG. Since RPG crashes FHI-OBJ and FHI-BOSS maps, I thought I would add a gameconfig for each of those without the RPG mod. Is it possible to do this where only BOSS and OBJ maps are chosen?

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
nihilist, jou shouldn't add the "+" itself, just the "path=..." behind it, then it works with keeping the FHI-Folders. If you copy all FHI-Files to the standard-folders, it will work without any additional path-variables... But it will be a bit difficult to administer...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
doubble posting:
DeathAdder, ut2vote can do such things, it is called mutators per map. You can add mutators and options in the maplist. Afaik it should work in standard-maplists the same way...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
afair in the maplist you can add the following to the maps:

<map>?mutators="...,...,..."?options="...,...,..."

but i'm not very shure about this, as our ut2vote-develloper-forum just crashed and we're starting new...

but keep the problems with the file-names in mind if using a redirect and a vote-tool...

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
I'm running 1.2a. I've had mixed and usually BAD results when running RPG and UTVOTE when allowing the voting of different gametypes. The players liked it though because it gave them 100000 level increase.