UE3 - General Portal/Antiportal in UE3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

foxjasond

Mar 21, 2008
I have been doing research about using portals and antiportals, and it seems straightforward. However, it seems like that these aren't in UE3?

Is this true, and if there isn't portal/antiportal, is there an equivalent?

foxjasond

Mar 21, 2008
Thanks. If the portal/antiportal process is now automated, are there other ways to optimize a level done in UE3 (using materials, etc)?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Yes there are a lot of ways to optimize a level. It is a complex and long story so hard to type out as just a reply on a forum, but things like the number of dynamic lights hitting the same objects, lightmap/vtx lighting, terrain size and tesselation, and so on all influence it.

I have a tutorial on how to model efficiently for UE3 on my website, and also an older article about mesh rendering in general. Those will help a little, but there is no definite guide online AFAIK.