Popping noise

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SteelKiller

Jan 5, 2006
Hi, i can run UT2k4 very well....but i somtimes hear a popping or a crackling sound in the background do you think it could be my sound card or the sound options?

Tresset

The Great Azure Dragon
Dec 19, 2005
St. Paul, MN
It could be that your main volume is too high. Try turning that down and increasing the volume on your speakers (I assume you have speakers) or increasing game volume. It sounds like a problem I hade with a different game which I solved in that way.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Can I guess, AC97?
Switch from 3d sound to safe mode.
I dont know why someone thought it was a good idea to call "stereo" "safe mode" in 2kX considering safe mode in previous unreal games meant "no sound".

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
what sound card? if onboard, made by whom? while your at it, Motherboard make and model as well please.