Point Blank friendly fire and hit boxes.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
I figure everyone here has had an experience of trying to shoot over someones shoulder only to watch in dispair as you blow his/her head off. After playing offline with bots for the better part of an hour and getting throughly annoyed with the stupid hit detection an idea occured to me. Why not simply turn off the hit box (or make it MUCH smaller) for friendlies who are very close to you (5 feet or so..). Granted there might be some problems with this in regard to realism, but I think going to this extreme rather than the other is closer to real. Soldiers in real life (as far as Im aware) do move in tight formations and at times shoot very close to each other and at the moment that doesnt work to well in INF. I realize that with new engines this may be less of a problem, but if it still exists I think it would be nice to try implimenting my idea. Im not sure about any difficulties with the engine (I know nothing about the Unreal series engines) but it doesnt seem like to much of a challenge.
Well, let me know what you think.

-ANUBIS

Vahlemon

RRROOOOAAAARRR!!!!
Jul 17, 2004
yep yep. BS4 might not be perfect, but IMO, it's MUCH BETTER than not Having it!

After all, who doesnt get annoyed when they get killed by someone who sprays an MP5 At their Heads when BS4 isnt running eh?