1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pluribus.org

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by PuppyShade, Oct 1, 2001.

1. PuppyShade

PuppyShade I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(

Anyone who plays UT DM should have know about the pluribus servers.. a 45 frag, 25 man server of carnage and the less populated and very tough 30 frag server... well they're going to be disconitnued in october due to bandwidth costs...... :(

there is a forum for the servers so if you;ve EVER played there ( there almost the highest played servers in UT ) stop by and post a word or two

www.pluribus.org

2. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

dammit, that is truly a great server. A moment of silence please.

3. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

...and I really enjoyed those servers too (even though they got full so often). Oh well, now where do I go? :(

4. PuppyShade

over 297thousand games to date..10 million frags... hehe this server was so much fun and I will miss it dearly

5. Pope

Pope New Member

From the above mentioned site:
    ROFL. Comawn, DM-Oblivion and Fractal with 25 players?!?!. ROFL.

6. SludgeX

SludgeX ...

Hehe, you're telling me!

As for pluribus going down, that truly does suck. Pluribus (both servers) was one of the few places that had decent DM maps, a constant ping rate, and a good clientelle of players.

7. MxFxSunrise

MxFxSunrise New Member

Just my opinion but.....

I thought that the Pluribus server was always full of newbies and was rather boring I mean 25 people half of them with pings over 200 most of the time. I dunno It just seemed like a crappy place to frag. I'm sure the server itself was good though to be able to handle that many flak shottin newbies ^_^ I much prefer the the HomeLan Advanced Deck16][ server or on occasion Elmo's

8. CrazyCougar

CrazyCougar CATatonic

I've played a few rounds of deck on Elmo's... :)

I've also played on Pluribus and it was a decent server but the quality of players was another story. Each map has at least three campers spamming for kills. You'll find at least 5 people running around with IH. You'll find another 5 people more than happy to spawncamp. The remaining 12 are usually re-spawning on a regular basis. I usually end up going after the campers since the only other thing to do is join in on the spamming...

I prefer servers with less than 16 max players. You can actually play on servers like that and a good score means you actually worked to get it.

Pluribus will be missed since any popular server going down is a sad thing. I think I will still mist the Roost more than Pluribus though... and I'm no CTF'er... :)

9. MxFxSunrise

MxFxSunrise New Member

I agree...

I totally 100% agree with you Cougar ^_^

10. SilentStrike

SilentStrike New Member

I like the 16 player Pluribus server. 25 players on those maps that shouldn't have more than 5 is a horrible.

11. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore New Member

I used to play that server when UT first came out. There was a much better player limit (16 I think?) and it was usually busy. Since then, the max player limit of 25 kinda spoiled my fun, especially on maps like Stalwart or Fractal. But still, it will be missed!

My favorite DM server is now DAM3guys in Edmonton. Almost all custom maps, and the d/l speed is sickeningly fast!!!! It's been mostly empty for the past while when I've been in a DM mood, so :(

12. Angus

Angus New Member

Hey Thanks TwoHardCore!!! I appreciate the props, I am one of the admins of the DAMGuys server and ya its smokes for most peeps. Some really good players there as well, Anyone is welcome unreal://207.34.123.19:7777 12 player 110% game speed lots of cool maps!

Just don't accuse anyone of cheating and you'll have fun!!! While the server is not as busy as it has been it is still quite popular. I personally will ban anyone that I prove to be cheating! I will also personally ban anyone that accuses me of cheating which unfortunately I get alot of these days :( I guess they just don't like their heads removed but alas the rifle is my favorite gun!

13. CrazyCougar

CrazyCougar CATatonic

Angus your a cheater!

Welcome to PuF!

I'll just have to come by for a visit someday. Haven't seen the server on my lists but you never know... :D

14. PuppyShade

yeah the DAM server is fun beacause if you start to win, they all have some good excuses as to why they are losing

p.s DAM is prejudice against SHAW cable !!!