1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Please sir, may I have one more?

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Xenomorph, Jul 8, 2001.

1. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

Thank You Stormcaller....

I was waiting for your input and I agree. As an ex-law enforcement officer, we did receive a good amount of fire-arms training as it applied to urban law enforcement. In regard to fire discipline, We merely carried a Sig. P229 (12+1 round total capacity)with 2 extra mags. While we were not equipted to nor would we ever see full combat, we were taught fire discipline. You don't run around bunny-hopping and spraying ammo everywhere. You take up position behind cover or concealment (there is a huge difference which I hope non of you have to learn the hard way), take aim *hint, hint*, then fire off two quick rounds into your target, center mass.(If you are using an auto, a quick burst of 3-5 rounds should be sufficient to put your target down) F*uck trying to get a head-shot in a fire fight. It probably won't happen. Stop trying to be Rambo and dumping your whole clip into one target. After the first few rounds, your muzzle has climb enough for any rounds fired after that to be a waste. Accuracy is your friend, not quantity. 3 rounds center-mass is much more effective that 30 sprayed like a mad-*******. You've done nothing more than to make yourself a very loud target.

2. ANUBIS199

ANUBIS199 New Member

Back to the preset loadout idea.....

I think it is in some ways a very good idea and would certainly help with gren and shotty spams BUT the idea of INF or any other game is to allow a person to feel like they are in combat with their hero and his (her) weapon of choice. If you dont allow the people to be their hero then they are not going to have fun, and fun is what INF is all about(that and realism which can go hand in hand despite what ive seen so far).

And as for the ammo isssue

I would like to reinstate an old idea of mine. Give each player 7 clips and 6 grens(or whatever), BUT make the ammo last through 3 or 4 rounds, if they die they respond with 3/4 ammo in the 2nd round 1/2 in the 3rd and 1/4 in the 4th. This would certainly make people think about their ammo. I only carry around a m16 4 clips the nade launcher and a knife and even with that light loadout I never have to worry about ammo.

ANUBIS

3. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

For cing people to use weapons they do not like is not fun

4. {GD}Ghost

What........?

I think the only people that will have a huge problem with preset load outs are those that rely on the shotty, and nade launchers to get kills. I may be wrong, but those of us with the actual skill to use a assault rifle or a smg, should be able to use just about any weapon you put in our hands. (Of course we have our favorites, but we wouldn't be put at a disadvantage).

BTW, I'd like to place a warriors bet on the table: Anyone who wants, lets put a team of good rifle/smg users vs a team of shotty and gl users and lets settle this.

5. monkey_hanger

monkey_hanger monkey spanker

The main problem with nade launchers is the ppl who use em as CQB weapons.

eg.

A semi-skilled guy rounds a corner in siberia with a MP5. You lay your gun onto him and fire at the same time as him. He misses by a whisker and he's then dead, cos u dont.

A semi-skilled guy rounds a corner in siberia with a 203. You lay your gun onto him and you fire at the same time he does. He misses you with his nade but the explosion on the wall behind you kills you. Whereas your bullets just took away 50% of his life before you became a pair of smoking boots sticking out of the ground.

This all takes place at about 10 meters.

I hate getting killed off nade launchers. But i have all the respect in the world for a guy who can get me with a nade launcher at 150 metres on a roof. Top skills required for that. Unlike the scenario mentioned above.

So my thoughts are give a guy as many nades as he can carry, but for crying out loud fix the fusing distances on the nades...please.

Also i heard on this board b4 that an unexploed nade at CQB will only injure you. So maybe that needs sorting as well.

6. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

Yes ghost, all of us who want to be able to choose our weapon are just skilless lamers who can't get a kill without a shotgun or grenade launcher.

The fact that my sig is of a sniper and my forum title is sniper doesn't suggest i might not wanna be forced to use an m16 cause I like to be sniper....no I just have no skill, escpecially since when i'm not sniping i use an Mp5 on 3rnd burst mode, but i guess that weapon takes no skill either.

7. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

Ghost: I'm in on your bet, i'm decent with AR's/SMG's. Tell me when and where, lets do this.

8. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Death Incarnate

And I'm sure it took no skill to kill that guy hiding behind a corner at 70 yards with a 'nade. I am just an un-skilled n00b. Because I like to be creative, I am a lame-ass. Sure. Believe whatever you want. Just leave us out of your fantasy.
    Oh, and you realize that while preset loadouts are realistic, so is a loadout filled with grenades. Grenadiers are realistic.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2001
  9. {GD}Ghost

Ok....

those of you who want to turn my statement into something negative, don't bother flaming. If you know how to use a nade launcher skillfully as it was meant to be used, more power to ya and we need more of you. My only issue is with people who use them improperly (cqb) just rack up their personal score without regard for their teammates. It is a bit ridiculous to see 6 out of 8 team members running around tossing nades randomly. If you took my statement as it was intended, I did acknowledge the existance and need for designated grenediers. These are preferably people who actually know how to use the weapon or are at least attempting to learn how to use it PROPERLY.

Don't take a small portion of my postings out of context and use it as fuel to flame me. Read and take into consideration my ENTIRE posting.

My only point in making the bet I made, is to attempt to prove that a team full of people using weapons improperly can be beaten and that a team that is using their weapons properly, (yes, even the nade launcher has a proper role in a squad), has a much better chance of being victorious.

You can flame away all you want, but I merely want you to put your steel where your mouths are, as I am willing to do the same.

10. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

I believe the main reason people use it in CQB is because the shrapnel does nothing to you other than take off a bit of damage. NOW.. If localized damage did some effects (ie, legs: walk slower, arms: less accurate, chest: less stamina (well, everywhere a bit less stamina, but chest a lot less), etc) then people would think twice about it. I don't know, but it seems to me from watching people use 40mm grenade launchers on the History Channel/etc, the blast radius for the shrapnel would be a bit bigger than it is now.

11. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

yes the blast radius of the srapnell should be larger, the way it is now they are just mini nukes relying purely on the explosion.

12. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

I'm going to have to go with Snake13 on this one.

The only loadout I use online is a M16 with a DE as a backup and plenty of frags.
    It would be really annoying for me to be stuck with a M16/ACOG or a P90, or anyother loadout other than my own just because someone percieves there to be imbalances in the game.

I wouldn't mind it if were used to recreate specific scenarios, like BlackHawk Down, Operation Nimrod, etc.

You don't solve an imbalance in the game by limiting the number of people people that use it. It'll still be an imbalance, and it'll be just as annoying when someone kills you with it. The way to solve an imbalance is to correct the imbalance, ie in the shotgun, give it a realistic spread and add body armor. When those two things are done, the shotgun will be like any other weapon.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2001
  13. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

Okay this is not a small bit o you post taken out of context, it is over half you post and it seems to me you saying anyone who doesn't agree with you (on preset loadouts) is a skilless shotgun or nade spammer, and anyone who does not use the weapons you use is a skilless lamer.

I think this comes down to two sides, the people who use the m16 and the weapons that would probably be force upon us, and those who don't.

The people who would normally be using an m16, etc. don't care if thet are forced to use it, and don't care if other people don't want to use it. They just don't want to get killed by anything uther then a big fight at CQB.

14. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

I don'r know what to think about preset loadouts. Seeing as 99% of the time I'm playing with the same loadout, I would be perturbed if I couldn't get that one. And I would just have to vomit if I wound up with anything other than my M-16.:D

15. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

I use nearly everything, but i would still be annoyed if i had to use a preset loadout. Its not the main weapon that would bother me, it would be which sidearm i received, (if i got one at all, i don't normally take one), the number of magazines, the number of frags, and which attachments. in laymans terms, PRESET = BAAAAAAADD!!!!

16. SoSilencer

SoSilencer Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)

Yes it is true that grenadiers do hold several dozen grenades but this cannot be used as an argument because 7/10 squad members do NOT have a grenade launcher. That is the problem in INF. Not that there is too much or too little ammo but that there are too many launchers!

17. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

the other reason that this arguement doesn't work is because they use that amount of grenades for many firefights, not just 3 minutes

18. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

i say give the ability to drop ammo, that way you can designate a team grenader by giving him your extra 40 mm nades

19. CyanideTriscuit

CyanideTriscuit UScript hack

The nade problem is complicated. I don't know what to make of it. I never use 'em. Eh.

Preset Loadouts = Much Badness

I only use the mp5. I am not an "all-round good AR/SMG player". I only 0\/\/|\| with my beloved mp5. I suck with the p90. I can't hit jack with the m16 or sig. Hell, I get off my game if I don't have my usual suppressor on my mp5. I am 10x better with the mp5 than I would be if I was off dabbling with other weapons.

I choose the mp5 and beretta (sidearm) because I am comfortable with them. They take up a very small area of the screen, giving me maximum visibility. I hate the feel of the other guns, they just don't do it for me. If I was forced to use them I would go so far as to not play INF.

With the impromptu nature of online games, preset loadouts just don't make sense. What if 5 people who are specialized snipers get stuck in a game together? Who gets to decide who deserves the team's rifle, and who is sniper bait 'cause he can't do anything with an AR? The only time it would be appropriate would be for arranged matches.

20. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

I'm not saying limit the guns.. And preset loadouts won't be with just the M-16. There could be all sorts of different loadouts, just locked. ie, you can have a CQB MP5 loadout.. And then Assault M16, Assault SG551, Sniper PSG-1, Scout Sniper, Light Support... Just a whole bunch of different loadouts, but locked (except for maybe attatchments, for the sake of people who can't fight without their beloved ACOG's). That'll really stop the kind of people -I- hate most of all: People with a Robar, M3, AND MP5... Makes no -realistic- sense!