PLEASE make my .it file work......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
i have a .it music file that works perfectly in MODplug Tracker, but it wont do anything in UED/UT. please, please tell me how to fix it or if you can fix it for me i would greatly appreciate it and give you credit in the maps readme file ;)

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
IT-formatted music may crash the UT

I did some exploring with the different music formats supported by the UT engine. Unfortunately the IT format is one of those that is supported badly. Sometimes You will get a good reproduction and sometimes You get Your UT crashing. Most of the time the IT format will play badly if not at all.
I suggest to convert the music into XM format. This is not supported by MAC version (neither is IT) but it won't crash the UT. And it plays just fine in the WIN version. If the music reproduction suffers from the conversion it usually means that the author of the IT file has been using some VERY spesific features of the IT format.

So, good luck !

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
i havent had a problem with .it until now. UED/UT/PC have all been crashing. i have no idea how to make it .xm, i tried the save as is thing but the only option it gave me is .it..............pleases explain Varpu :)

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
So, You have this ModPlugTracker ... right ?

In case You don't, get it right away from http://www.modplug.com

Now, just load the darn IT formatted mod into the tracker.

Next, just tell it to be of XM format (there is a button that can be used to change format) and after this save the mod with a different name. If I don't recall wrong the tracker will automatically change the suffix.

If You want to be certain of the quality of the music, try to play it AFTER You change the format. Also, I noticed that chancing the format WHILE playing causes a blue-screen (green on Win2000) and a lot of trouble. So STOP playing it when doing the format change.

Thhe tracker will warn You about loosing some note-stuff but that is just loosing some IT related information. If You installed the tracker correctly, it will do the conversion with no hassle.

So, just tell the new format of the music IN THE TRACKER and then save it.