Playtest DM-Denied_Innocence please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
uhm, no offense but it really isnt my style..........

it had some kool parts like the 1337 jump pads....and what the hell was that thing that kept taking me around in circles :lol: you better wait for a comment from someone who likes this genre of maps sorry :(

faderide

Far beyond driven
uhm, no offense but it really isnt my style..........

it had some kool parts like the 1337 jump pads....and what the hell was that thing that kept taking me around in circles you better wait for a comment from someone who likes this genre of maps sorry [quote/]

Thats cool...not everyone has the same taste in mappage:)

I was intitially going to go for a corridor-room-high flow-high
connectivity-dark "quakie type dm-map". That'll probably be
my next one.....maybe?
Instead I decided to make a Dm-map that didn't follow the normal guideline....something different?
I wanted the action to be heavy and for it to flow well, but
flow in a different way. I basically went at it making something
I wanted to play. A map with lots of air fragging, jumping, and enemies coming at you from every possibly location and angle.
I hope there are some others out there that like it too.

The "thing" that takes you around in circles on the upper floor
is just something I'm using to keep the flow fast in this section, and allow quick movement all around the deck.
Since the maps theme is kind of a "futuristic arena style theme" I decided to keep the rotating mover invisible and use sounds and textures to make it appear like some high-tech , super speed transporter. Besides..when I initially built it and made it visible it
was dropping the fps too much on my system (and I have an above mid-range system). I didn't want it playing at 10 fps on the average system like my last map did. LOL
Maybe I didn't quite get the 'effect' on the rotating mover that I was striving for. Open for ideas on this one still...

Thanks for checking it out though.

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
Some nice ideas in this map, but it also isnt my style of map.

Bots seem to do fine but need some tweaking.
it looks more like an experimental map to me.
i think it would be a nice map for rocket arena or a 1on1 pay kinda game.

Oh and the ramps in the middle of the map, they seem to float in the air, they dont have any support....

I had no probs with the FPS (i have a AMD athlon 550 Mhz and G-Force 2 GTS 32 MB.)

faderide

Far beyond driven
Oh and the ramps in the middle of the map, they seem to float in the air, they dont have any support.... [quote/]

Just checked that out. The ramps and touching the ground on all four sides. Not sure what your seeing there, but thanks for the downloading and giving feedback.
Glad it plays well on your system. I was definately wanting some feedback in that area as well. I hoped it would play well, and tried to keep polys and nodes down due to all the "openess"

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
About the floating thingy, its my fault, i thought it was but it wasnt :D

Sorry 'bout that...

And something about the Q3 jumppads....

There on unlit, maybe its better to put it not on unlit and use a dynamic light for some light FX...

Check this map of mine where i use those jumppads with some light FX....

dm-morbidpleasures

Last edited:

[Rans0m4eveR]

The Tempest
Dec 30, 2001
At my location
Visit site
nice map, some good gameplay here. i like the general layout of the map. maybe you should the lightning thing at the top looks a bit weird though.. i also think you shouldnt make the Q3 pads unlit.

faderide

Far beyond driven
Glad to hear someone comment on the gameplay. I think its the maps strong point. .....in my biased opinion..lol
Thanks for checking it out.
I too was never 100% sure about the lightening at the bottom of the reverse gravity tube. I might experiment with some different things when I get to altering my pads.
I have to have something there to obstruct the view between the reverse grav tube and the main playing area for performance reasons in both areas.
What do you think about using the Quake warp texture that Im already using at the top of the tube?

faderide

Far beyond driven
Thanks for all the input and help [IMD1]KillRoy.
I noticed what those bots were doing.......(Damn bots!)
I had to totally redesign the upper ramps on the mid level.
They were too "tricky" to get up, and could also stop you
if you were too close to the inner edge of the rotating mover.
They're much easier to use now and the bots are using them fine now.....finally!
Anyway.....heres another updated version with these fixes.....