1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Player vs. Bots mod... does it exist?

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Saphon, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Saphon

Saphon New Member

Please forgive me if I have any terms wrong. I'm just starting to get into the mod/mutator community, and understanding all the facets of the concepts.

I'm looking for a mod that will set the teams up as human players vs. Mods in any kind of team game. On the console games, my friends and I had a tendency to put ourselves on one team, and fill the battlefield up with inept bots, and see which of us could frag more of them in a given amount of time.

I'm looking for a mod/mutator that can do something like this. Does one exist? I mean it would be cool if we could do CTF or Domination as well, players vs. bots, but I'd be happy with Team Deathmatch.

Thanks in advance for your assistance :)

--Saphon

2. EasyRaider

EasyRaider Crazy coder

I don't think it's worth the hassle making a mutator for this. You can just set all bots on one team, players on another, and disable auto team balance.

3. modsquad

modsquad The Mod King

Yeah that's what I do when I want to get an all player/all bot team.

4. Saphon

Saphon New Member

Hey thanks for the tip...

But how do you get uneven teams? I mean, we normally set up our team with just the two of us, and took on 6-10 bots. I know I'm not TOO familiar with how to configure UT and all that, but every time I try to set it up, I end up with 2 teams, with me and him and two (or more) bots, against a team of 4.

Thanks again for helping out a newbie :)

--Saphon

5. EasyRaider

EasyRaider Crazy coder

Uncheck Random order and click Configure. Now, if you want to play with x bots, give the x first bots the same color (different from players).

6. Saphon

Saphon New Member

Thanks Easy :)

I'll try that tonight.

--Saphon

7. empty

empty New Member

Players against bots? You mean co-op? Yeah, get_owo_TallyHo!. It's a hunting mod, you get to hunt in a team DM against monsters from Unreal. Players on one side, monsters on the other. Monsters keep respawning. Works on all maps. If you kill a teammate though (and this can happen if you kill a "supposed to be" enemy (ie. you kill somebody from the blue team when you're on red) you lose your license. Don't kill teammates (players) even if they have different team colors!!! You are allowed to cap their flag/take a point though. :)

What are you waiting for?? DOWNLOAD! I tell you, playing Orbit Wars with this and the Instagib mutator is HEAPS of fun, you can't find many things in life better!

8. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

no no no ^_^

get my french friend's mod HEROES

it works like this

bot 1 is the boss
    bot 2&3 are the mini bosses
    bot 4-32 will be hench men.

henchmen respawn about 2-3 times, while mini bosses disapear when they die. however mini bosses are hard to kill.

the boss will dissapear untill all his hench men are gone.

you can make a single player game out of any situation

9. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Despite the bugs in Heroes 4 I found myself "reviewing" it for three hours :D

now go smack your friend for making such a fun gametype :D

It might be just be but the minibosses still have 100 health, and they're no harder to kill than any other bot I ever fought in UT... just to letcha know.

10. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

well they are to give you a brief run for your money. which can be anoying when your swarmed with 10 guys in a room.

11. VideodroneZ

VideodroneZ New Member

Actually man, I know exactly what you want. You want to get the mutator "TeamSize". This mutator serves the exact purpose you want. Just set the number of bots you want on one team, and set the other team for two. (you and a friend.) Which will look like this.

Red Team: 2
    Blue Team: 5
    Green Team: N/A
    Gold Team: N/A

You and your friend vs 5 bots. Config this under the mod option.

12. modsquad

modsquad The Mod King

Yeah TeamSize works well also.

13. namu

namu Bleh.

HumansVSBots, version 1.0.0:

14. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Or you could use this utility ... to change your bot-settings

15. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

yeah what Namu-kun said.
    It just came out less than a week ago :)

I have yet to try it out, but it promises to be fun :D