Played first online game last night

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shujaa

Mar 31, 2004
Last time I played this mod was early beta for the original UT. And I must say it's come a long way! A few things that caught my eye:

good points:

- awesome presentation, menus, sounds, graphics
- the mini zoom feature on some guns is brilliant, and the rocket camera is too!
- weapons feel good to use!
- gameplay is addictive... played for about an hour, was gonna do something else but had me coming back for another couple!

and the bad points:

- plasma grenades damage through walls - with their huge area of effect it makes them a bit too powerful imo
- a lot of the maps seemed a bit stacked in favour of defenders, with attackers given narrow chokepoints to run through that end up infested with turrets after the first few minutes of the match, and defenders with closer respawns and high defensive ground
- turret spam is annoying on these kinds of maps, especially when attackers start doing it too

Great mod though I must say, and I hope it doesn't die off anytime soon! :D

ps I tried all the classes, but spent most of the time as a Rocketeer, missiles are fun!

Last edited:

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
Thanks for your input! :)

Actually this was a hasty "get-it-out-before-its-all-dead" release, but if DA2 gets some more players, we will make at least a small patch.

rich_zap

Jul 18, 2004
Dissapearing into the fog !
Played on a full server both last night and this morning, it was most enjoyable :). Im also very impressed by the ai, usually i dont like playing against computer opponents but these are really challenging.

Helioth

Exhalted Presence
Oct 9, 2005
Berlin
helioth.deviantart.com
Yeah, I really hope you get sponsored or port it to the 2007 engine, best mod I've played in ages :)

Then again, a little more complexity wouldn't hurt, ranks, medics being able to revive e.t.c

veryhungryhobo

Dec 27, 2005
I doubt this great mod will be taken much forward. So, I hope someone make a Defence Alliance 3 for the unreal 2007. Great game. A different experience playing with real people and not bots. And the attackers if they are skilled can very easy can win. If there were all heliod sniper sneaking past or some crazy rocket man that learn that 2nd feature. Amazing game, just amazing.

Helioth

Exhalted Presence
Oct 9, 2005
Berlin
helioth.deviantart.com
If it isn't I'll start modding it myself, lol.

I actually offered to map / do concept design and model for them a while ago but, alas, for some reason I was rejected :eek: take a look at http://helioth.deviantart.com if for your interested now ;)
I have quite a lot of time on my hands so I'd be willing to help out with whatever was needed.

Was fun playing with you today and yesterday anyway, It's a bit of a shame you cant fill up one side with 32 bots and have like 5 people defending themselves... Like in the original ut99 da.

veryhungryhobo

Dec 27, 2005
yeah well i should it would be easy to make a mutator but there are many glitches and there is barely any player for this "great game".:D yeah well do what you want.

veryhungryhobo

Dec 27, 2005
Dest said:
x:\UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe -mod=da2

One last question can I use some of the DA2 textures and actors? I am thinking of making a custom map...but a quick one while there are people here. thanks.

veryhungryhobo

Dec 27, 2005
THANK you so much
hahha sorry one more question. How do you make it so you cant build turrets and how to make certain spawn classes.

I think i will build a WW2 type beach assult with many paths.