1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Plants vs. Zombies

Discussion in 'Games' started by hal, May 5, 2009.

1. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

its quite fun, but also quite repetitive
    i have maybe two different build plans, that i just repeat every single level :/

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Yeah it's quite repetitive. but it's fun.

I'm at the first time you encounter the zombie/dolphin. I stopped there, can't really get into playing this game for too long, it gets very repetitive after a while

Plant sun flower, wait for next 50 SP, plant another sun flower, wait for next 50 SP, plant sun flower, zombies are there, plant pea shooter in zombie lane, plant another sun flower, plant pea shooter in front of next zombie...

It's obvious that some plants are much more useful than others. The Doom shroom for example, that's a bitch. Just combine it with the ice shroom, these dancer stands 0 chance. Totally beat the crap out of them, just use it when the first rush wave shows up. Even the zombies behind gets frozen, it was hilarious. I think I doomed 15 or so with the doom shroom.

At least these ****s only work night time.

Also, I never lost so far, only some lawnmowers.
    The game is easy and challenging at the same time.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  3. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The miners definitely change things up a bit. ;)

4. anaemic

yeah miners get on my nerves

right now im just planting sunflowers, or mushrooms at night, then when a badguy appears i put a chomper thing infront of him until i have all of my power up, then its split pea shooters with fire logs infront of them and some ice shooters infront of them so it goes
    [p][f][c] then fill any gaps to the right with spikes or whatever else i have left

5. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Ok, I tried the demo now and it's quite fun, but kinda easy so far.

6. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

I'm finding the last few mini-games harder than the main adventure mode.
    Damned pogosticks on the roof, etc.
    Also unless I'm doing it wrong it's taking ages to generate enough cash to buy everything.

7. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

Two rows of sunflowers. Buy the twin sunflower add-on.

8. anaemic

the rounds are all too short for me to ever get more than two or three plants upgraded with the twin sunflower addon :/

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I haven't bought the twin sun flowers upgrade yet, but how much they cost SP in-game?

10. hal

I'm on level 40-something and have done all the mini-games available to me so far and have maybe 16,000. I'm saving for that ninth slot, but I wonder if that's the way to go?

11. anaemic

150, on top of the 50 for each sunflower and it has an annoyingly long ass recharge time, i was pretty disappointed in it, and the cattail which is the only other upgrade ive bought in the shop so far (which is more expensive than a cactus shooter, and can only be used on water, thus wasting a slot if there are balloon zombies as you have to kill them on land too)

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  12. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

Survival mode is the only place I've had time to upgrade the sunflowers/weapons.
    Cattails are massively overpowered & cover all lanes, a block of 6/8 is a sight to behold.

Hal - when you complete Adventure mode & start over, Crazy Dave chooses your first 3 slots for you & he's, well, crazy... you're lucky if one of them is one you'd pick yourself
    so even with 9 you only get 6. I'd like 10 but $80,000 is a long way off.

13. The Dopefish

BTW, my suggestion if you need more money is put some Marigolds in Pumpkins behind Tall-nuts.

14. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

I just finished the main game and I'm on to playing all the other modes. The zen Garden seems less than profitable... but non of my plants are all that big.

I wont be going for the 9th slot... at least not right away. Cat tails are sweet! if you can afford them.

15. The Dopefish

Another money-making suggestion: once you unlock the Last Stand mini-game, go nuts with Marigolds in that stage. I make an easy $2000 each round. Just be sure you delay the zombies somehow (Tall-Nuts, Frozen Peas, et al.). For great success, unlock and use Golden Magnets. You can literally sit back and watch the money roll in.

16. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Mini game Mode: Last Stand (Game on the bottom last square to your left)
    I have been playing this one for 2 hours and I just cant beat it!

Edit: Moments later I beat it :)

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  17. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

I'm sure you make more money quicker doing the mini-games & puzzle modes than the main game. Whack-a-zombie is good for 1-2K a pop.
    Just picked up the last of the plants,
    [​IMG]
    Have been persevering with the zen garden, give the snail some chocolate & it'll collect the money for at least 30 mins without falling asleep - netting around 2-3K
    [​IMG]

18. hal

Nice garden, Kal. You're a bit ahead of me, it seems!

19. anaemic

still got some 60k to save up for the mushroom and water gardens though :p

20. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

yeah, i still need at least $180,000 nevermind feeding the tree @ 2.5K a pop, it's a bit daunting...