1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by TWD, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Cool game, but I'd like to play in a team and formation somehow. So far it was aimless runnin' which wears off fast.

2. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Love wolfing isn't so bad one you know what is going on and where the action is. But I'm going to try and get into a group this week. I just have to find a TR outfit in Helios.

3. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

This game is so awesome. [​IMG]

4. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

I reiterate.

5. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Seriously guys, you need to try this game! I play almost every day with my TR outfit on Helios named Infared. There is around a dozen of us on every night. We use TeamSpeak, and have a very casual but competitive attitude. Very much like FragBU was back in the day. I haven't been this excited about a game for years.

It's hard to imagine how far things have come. I used to think 5v5 CTF was crazy. Now I play with the same two dozen guys or so every night. We even organize coordinated ops with other factions that involve hundreds of players.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. Nevzat

Nevzat Member

Does any one still play this game? i revisited today and looks like servers get less populated it was awesome when this game released lost its all charm after one year

7. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

The problem with a game like this is, as soon as player counts trail off, there's increasingly less fun to be had, causing said player count to trail off even faster.

8. Nevzat

Nevzat Member

yea... sadly i will miss those huge conflicts better wait planetside 3 if ever comes out

9. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Best fun I had was with a NC armour outfit. We had a coordinated tank formation and conquered base after base. That was some years ago.

10. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden Particle Whore

Ah memories, though my TR outfit dropped the game 9 months ago so they could sit and wait for Star Citizen :p

11. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Conney is still doing just fine, and I occasionally have to wait in queue to get on Indar.

12. d3tox

d3tox Face down in a pool of his own vomit.

Have they improved the performance on this? I played this for a little while, but it seemed like your fps went down the longer you were on, so if you wanted it to be playable, you needed to restart every 30-45 min.

13. Nevzat

Nevzat Member

they update lot of things they fix the those problems but i cant tell much about performans since my computer old

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  14. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

They switched to a 64-bit client which should solve that issue. Performance isn't perfect for everyone, but I do not have issues currently.

15. LivingPuppet

LivingPuppet Registered Puppet

I've been playing PS2 for 11months. I think it's one of the best f2p offerings out there. It's not perfect, but it's tons of fun and better than most multiplayer shooters out there despite its issues. It's one of my favourites alongside the Unreal/UT series. I play on Waterson as beekmaster, but they're merging with Mattherson tomorrow to form Emerald.

There's that new continent Hossin, which is coming in an upcoming update.