1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Planet Gears of War Multiplayer Review

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Enfluence

Enfluence I kinda like UT3.

I don't know about you guys, but I personally can't stand GoW2 multiplayer...

2. Scuzzbuster

Scuzzbuster It's Crunchy. It's Nice.

Wow I could not disagree more. Even if you take the gameplay/game itself out of it, the MP system in Gears 2 is so phenomenally broken that it's hardly worth trying to play anymore. I've been trying for some time...not only have options been taken away, but the entire system AS DESIGNED forces players to spend so much time NOT PLAYING that it's hard to sit down and have an enjoyable evening of gaming with it. This is the sort of thing that is often missed by reviewers but glaringly obvious to gamers that actually want to play the game on a regular basis.

Between slow matchmaking (still well over 2 minutes per match for me), getting kicked back to the lobby after ever match, being forced to sit through 3 votes of up to 25 seconds before every match start followed by a mandatory 25 second post match score screen...all for an average match length of 5 - 10 minutes you spend at least 25% of your time having to WORK just to get one match in. Serious serious problems that need urgent attention if G2 is going to have a robust online lifespan like Gears 1.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

RaptoR certainly don't want his PlanetGears dot com to shut down. And by so he will certainly not agree that we paid for a beta. Words just can not say how this game is horrible. People are even to the point of believing that the game needs to be build from ground zero, so much it is overly unpolished and no patch could solve all of the issues this game has. We're talking about major and minor ones.

This video pretty much sums it all up. (Except the direct insults, and artist has NOTHING to do with issues in this game)

Epic Games are clamming them by copyright... I guess it's the "By CliffyB" thing they didn't like :lol:

What the real problem is actually, is the way Epic doesn't give any insight on what is happening, are they working on a patch? What is up? Where's our patch? the game has been released for 2 months now and... wow, XBL 6th place? and...

Right.

You've done nice things to this site before, respect for that, but you're definitively a blind fanboi. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  4. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Everyone on their forums and who bought this game will agree that the Campaign was solid. How shocking it is to open up the case, have a blast in single player, then try the multiplayer, and wooops.

No.
    Oh and please let's not talk about the silly map pack. What was that about? For 10 bucks you can have 3 new maps in a broken game. People are not even going to buy them. Release a patch, then release the freakin map pack please.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.