"Pixelated" movies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
This is probably the wrong place for this, but I'm going to try my luck anyway. Moderators, please move/remove the post if neccesary.

I got this problem playing movies on my computer and it's very annoying. Darker areas around lightsources in the movies appear very pixelated (if there is such a word). It looks like the pixels are updating once a second while the light areas looks fairly normal. The screenshots I take while playing the movie is without the pixelproblem though.

I'm on a relatively new computer. Could it be that I'm missing some codecs? I didn't have this problem on my old computer. Any ideas on how to fix the pixel issues would be greatly appreciated. Please note that I'm not talking about some crap quality downloaded movies. This is original retail DVD's.

Frequent Visitor
Jun 2, 2000
Visit site
You can try going into nvidia display>color correction and where it says "apply color changes"---change it to "all" and apply.
It's what worked for me after updating to the latest drivers.
Hope it helps.