Ping=N/A?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Original

Nov 21, 2004
Hello. I just have a question. I have a router. I host a UT2004 Dedicated server from the computer, and I can join just fine, and so can other people. The thing is, I have to join my game through the LAN tab, and if I try and join through the Internet: Server Browser the ping is N/A, and it won't get in that way. I was just wondering why this was, and how can I fix it?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Is the "Advertise Server" box checked? Otherwise it won't be shown by the master server, thus, it won't work on the Internet tab.

Original

Nov 21, 2004
The server works fine, the advertise box is on, just for me it says N/A. When I try and connect through the internet server browser one, it connects to my real IP address. When I try and connection to my server through LAN, it says 192.168.0.2, which is my router IP address/.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
more than likely, you're not forwarding icmp packets through your router; if that's not the case, make sure all the ports you need to have open are open.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Do you have a Linksys router? If you do, go to the Webadmin, under the Security tab, and make sure "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" is disabled. If this is enabled, the router will not respond to ping requests. If you don't have a Linksys router, check through your Webadmin settings anyway; many routers have this type of functionality, although it may be called something else.