1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PIMP MY CHAR: Today Team Snake Eyes

Discussion in 'Work in Progress and Pimps' started by Maxx, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Here is a small test of (green) teamcolors and the logo on the flag. Still needs some tweaks but I think I like that :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2005
  2. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Nice colour green :tup: I always have trouble with the gold one as depending how you do it sometimes it looks green. Epic should have gone with violet / magenta or something ;)

3. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

I just didn`t want to make the green the most chars have *g*

Yap, but greenish gold is a wanted color for 2 Chars by me *g* You`re right it`s a little bit of trying sometimes :|

The best solution would have been, making 4 teams, with freely definable colors, or at least 16 diffrent to choose from. In other sports (eg.: soccer) there isn`t always red vs. blue *g*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2005
  4. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

I like the overall colorscheme. Goes quite good with dark maps ;)

5. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

thx, I must admit I like the scheme too *lol*

Yesterday I played a little bit with the logos and their alpha channels -> the "black areas" around the logo (not shown in game, but on status screen) are gone now :). I think a colored logo looks better in the menu, and also good ingame, but the game doesn`t make the logo well in red.
    On flags or monitors in game it looks nice, but at the "status-screen" not. I suppose I`ll keep on playing *lol*

Here`s a small shot from the menu
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  6. UTGirl

UTGirl Link(gun) Lady

Nice, just yesterday we had a Lan-Session using your "old" skinpack. I like the colors pretty much and it`s a good idea giving all chars a new fresh look.

I usually played as Desertrain, but the new Fury rocks, at least it seems so.

Keep it up!

7. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Exactly for that reason it was designed :) But it was really time for a small update. I just didn`t know many many things. Now proud beeing an advanced n00b I try some things to make that pack a little bit better :)

8. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Great work on the tut also, MäxX :2thumb:

9. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

The possibility of including own teamlogos should give the sc (skin community - not southern comfort *lol*) a little bit more room for beeing creative ;)

10. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Hopefully - I for one never knew anything about it and was always thinking about having my own team for the Tourneys. Another step toward global domination muhahaa ;)

11. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Newsflash

Klasnic Corp conquers the Unreal Universe.... All discussions about the name of UT2k7 are useless now, it will be called Klasnic Tournament :lol:

12. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

rofl :2thumb: That's fine by me hehe

13. Lopar-XL

Lopar-XL Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.

I like what you're doing here, making skin pack with complete characters and CTF4 support, too. I like how the outlines on certain pieces of armor (kneepads, gauntlets, etc.) are outlined in bright color and the rest of the item is in a darker color, gradiating from light to dark. It's eye catching without being too busy. If you're going to animate any skins, may I suggest that you keep those subtle, too.

Yes, make a light version for those gamers without the CTF4 mod, but I suggest that you make a "deluxe" version with all of the skins, models, VPs, whatever in it so that we have the option to download the whole enchilada in fell swoop.

::raises hand exuberantly:: Oh! Oh! May I please volunteer?

I see t hat you'll have a character named Sentinel in your skin pack. Well, if you don't mind, please take a look at this thread (a "Sentinel" VP).

EDIT: Forgot to mention somthing (was caught up in my enthusasim). Those samples of the voices that you posted interest me. Please share some more, as I'm lookiing forward to these. If you're going to be using your own voice for a project, then please recording something for all events in the VP (commands, acks, etc.).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  14. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Currently there remain 4 chars for a small revision, after that I`ll make the alpha channels, let`s see. I`ll consider your suggestions, due I`m not completely happy with some of the chars *g*

To be honest, I don`t know how I will release that, due 4 parts would be a little bit unhandy. But first I`ll finish than I`ll think of such details :p

I wanted to try your Sentinel voice on weekend, but I`ve forgotten the stuff @ work *g* but the samples sound great :tup:

I think that voice would fit pretty well for Sentinel! :2thump:

I want to cover every incident with my voice, but there are still many to do. As PM`ed *g* I can send you a Beta-version of it (3 Ack, 2 Order, 2 FF - but I`m not very happy with them... gonna change, and finaly a few MISC and many taunts :lol:)

15. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

I can get biiiiiiiiggg files now.I use 2-3 hours a day DSL @ my friends home . So , no problem for me anymore .:D

16. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

That`s great to hear! A Good connetion is always ... ähm... good :D

I think I`ll consider the release options when I know how many MB of data crap I have produced this time *g*

We are all sooo kind people and always have a heart for those poor 56k people :p.... sometimes at least *hrhr*

17. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Poor Lopar got a :2thump: from you MäxX :lol: :clap:

18. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

a vicious circle, seems like I was a little bit overmotivated *lol*

19. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

Yesterday I`ve started with Gold. I masked some stuff and made small changes. Let`s see how it develops, still way too WIP for a new pic :D

The 2nd thing was, I recorded new sounds for my VP! Unfortunately it`s way to big to attach here (1MB), but I`ll send it to everyone, who wants to test it (right at the moment I click the send-button Lopar :lol: )

Still many sounds to include, but my pals just "love" my taunts in LAN. :D

btw, the Beta SentinelVP by Lopar is great! Works good for my Sentinel char :D

EDIT:
    some (old) samples can be found on the first page of this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
  20. UTGirl

UTGirl Link(gun) Lady

Surely you can send it, you should still have my mail adress (in other case, your fault :p)