1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

picture of xan 2007???

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by MARVO, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Sijik

Sijik Snagged an item.

Whoa, and here I thought the whole country of origin thing was just a sarcastic joke... Didn't we already have a thread about the US around here?
    So what do we think Xan will look like in 2007? Personally I;m kinda' diggin' the direction they've been going with hm, bu they need to grunge him up a bit, get back to that almost-Giger-esque look of the War Machines... Actually, now that I look back he is pretty scuffed and dented. Maybe just a bit darker thematicly, then.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I highly recommend some of you get this thread back on topic before more drastic measures are taken.

3. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Is Xan's "team" going to be in UT2007?

4. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Well, since Liandri own Xans team and Liandri are the makers of the tournament, I think they will be in UT2k7 :p

5. Automatic Kafka

Automatic Kafka with automatic shutoff

Xan is the head of Liandri.

6. Majik

Majik blargh

No, he isn't. He's the leader of 'The Corrupt', a team sponsored (minor detail) by Liandri.

AFAIK, Liandri even had to reprogram him in order to be able to command him and thus have him fight for them. I don't know how much of a free will he has, if any, but I don't recollect anything mentioned about him taking control of Liandri in any of the games.

BTW, 'The Corrupt' is on the list of confirmed teams, so we can only assume that Xan himself is going to be in the game as well.

7. Torvec

Torvec GL, HF, AND DIE!!!!

not sure if this is off topic or not (for this thread anyway) but since i brought it up earlier (mistakenly i might add), out of sheer curiosity i decided to see exactly what is up with that head on the malcolm model, and well have a look at the modified pic:(all i did was brighten it up and add a lot of contrast)

[​IMG]

i'm not so sure that's a robot's head anymore (and it sure as hell isn't malcolms), wtf is it?

oh and kafka is now the first person on my ignore list.

8. Majik

Majik blargh

...just a player on Malcolm's team wearing a helmet? Never really looked like a robot-head to me.

9. Olga

Olga Miffed

Jeri Liandri is supposed to be the head of Liandri. Xan was rumoured to be the boss of Liandri in the first UT, but UT200x decided not to have anything to do with that.

10. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

Wasn't the exact phrasing "...thought to be the man who heads up Liandri operations"? I'd guess, giving the background info in subsequent games, that this was referring to Liandri's military operations. Given that he'd commanded the conquest of an entire planet, he'd make a pretty formidable choice for that role- if reconditioned, natch. Definitely my favourite UT character, that big green fun loving murderbot.

Back on topic, that's definitely Malcolm in a helmet IMO. Armour's the same, and I think I can see a glimpse of dark skin on his neck, just beneath the helmet. Still looks like he's being dragged along by that spaceship/shockrifle though.

11. Majik

Majik blargh

I don't quite get your logic. Just because the armour is the same and he is seemingly black then it's definitely Malcolm? Look at the 'Thunder Crash' team in 2k4, almost every character is either black or hispanic, so why couldn't it just be one of his teammates?

It also doesn't make much sense to me to have two skins/heads for one character as opposed to having two different characters... and besides if Malcolm wore a helmet, he wouldn't be able to wear his beret. :cool:

My personal guess is that it's an entirely new character.

12. Teknomancer

Teknomancer New Member

Xan is my favourite character in UT :) I truly hope he's there and better in UT2007.

13. Automatic Kafka

Automatic Kafka with automatic shutoff

Why? UT99 had 4 of 5 faces/heads for each player model and as Epic have said they want UT2007 to be more like UT99.

14. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

This person looks a little bit to human for me to be a cybernetic IMO. Just reminds me of StarWars` Imperial Stormtroopers :lol:

For the billboard, that`s part of history and a nice gimmick IMO

15. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

In UC2 dont anubis and selket have versions with helmets maybe this is malcolm in a helmet, but it could be another character you never know.

I actually prefer the axon style armour from ut2k4 over the xan armour. I think the dirt/rust an everything looks really cool at first I even thought that it might be xan...

16. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

It's common for unreal characters to share bodies, they do this in all unreal games.

Selket's body is used for at least 4 characters in UC2, and most of the bodies in ut2k4 have 2 heads each.

I don't see what the big fuzz over the pic is. It's just some random character with malcolm's body wearing a helmet. What else does it need to be?

17. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Yeah, there's Axon and Xan. They are the same models, though different skins. But this "Malcolm" like guy, seems a bit lower in hight, than Malcolm. He's also a bit thinner. I think it's a completely other model, bun same armor style :)

18. An1mus

An1mus New Member

whats a xan? :rolleyes:

19. DeeperShade

DeeperShade Banned

Not only a contender for the worst post of all time, but also a contender for worst sig.

A double whammy of disallusionment.

20. Majik

Majik blargh

Yes, but they were different characters sharing the same model and not the same character having multiple headgears or outfits.