1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pics of my car...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Witty, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

This is a repeat of my last thred, but that one got deleted. You all can ignore this or reply, I just want a link to send ppl to instead of emailing them crap. Besides, showing off is fun :D

Attached Files:

2. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Isn't dual (or dual dual ;)) exhaust kind of useless on a 4 cylinder car?

3. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

While this is true ^^^^^ It both looks better and sounds better than your standard Folger's coffee can exhaust. It's a big beefy sound, almost like a V8 (it's plenty more like a V8 than most Mustang GT's at my school sound), and ever since I replaced the head on it, it's had an oscillation in idle, so it sounds like it's got performance cams in it. It's like "whum whum whum whum whum" and it sets off car alarms, so I'm happy :D Plus, if I ever wanted to get twin turbo (I know Chevy made a TT version of this engine that put out 380 some odd HP), the dual exhaust works just fine ;)

4. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

I think it would look much better without the wing.

How much HP?

5. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

quad four... teehee. have any head problems yet?

Not a bad looking car, tho

6. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

So how many extra horsepowers do you get with those type R stickers?

7. becoming i

becoming i Registered abUser

My turn....(big pic)

I forgot to BlackMagic the tires before the pic, :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

8. spineblaZe

spineblaZe VFX Extraordinaire

:stupid: :lol:

becoming i, that pic was 30 times bigger than my monitor, so I took the liberty of resizing it for you. :2thumb:

9. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

Type R stickers? Theres no "Type R" stickers on there. Read it again, it's Weapon R, as in the cold air intake :) As for that intake, however, I have a quasi-Ram Air system that nets me about ten extra HP. With the exhaust, chip, headers, and the new head I installed, I have about 225 HP, which isn't bad at all for a 2.3L 4 cylinder. However, it's all spoiled by the fact that I have no money for a new clutch, because my current one was finished about a thousand miles ago. It still drives, but I take care not to race it.

As for the head, yes I have had problems, but they weren't because of the engine. Someone at school reached into the wheel well of my car and slashed my radiator hose. It was raining, and I don't get in on my passenger's side, so I didn't notice the small pool of antifreeze that had begun to coagulate under my car. As I was driving to my friends house, my radiator dumped it's fluid all ove rthe street. I pulled into his driveway, and as soon as I put my clutch in the engine shut off. This made me very not happy.

Oh and as for the wing, the day after I posted these pictures originally (back in April) someone came to my house at night and ripped it off. Somebody really hates me, which sucks for me because I don't know who they are. Needless to say, I would break them if I knew who they were... public school sucks.

10. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

They are the tact police, it's their way of saying your car would look better without the wing. ;)

11. thewalkingman

Lol I didnt see the wing...and that gives how much to your reputation multiplier?

12. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Here's my car. 2002 Ford Focus ZTS. Zetec engine... 2.0 DOHC.. 130hp 130 torque.

The only picture I have of it is from prom day. Don't ask me about my hood. I never popped it. Ah well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  13. thewalkingman

LOL at the plate

14. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

Wow... I sense a bit of hostility from thewalkingman... now why would this be? hmm.... /me thinks.... maybe thewalkingman is a disgruntled old guy who hates kids with loud cars? Maybe he owns an old 80's camaro and swears to the domination of american muscle while getting beat on the strip by integras? Maybe he's having a bad day? I don't know. But that's my car; it's cheap, it's fast, and I think it looks rather good.

15. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

:p thanks.

Maybe one of you knows the solution to my problem. Whenever I start up my car when the engine's cold, there's a nice rattling sound (sounds like a car from the 50's). my RPM's also don't settle down, they hover around 1200, when normal idling is around 800. Once I put it in gear, it jumps down to 800 (obviously). This doesn't happen if the engine's warmed up, and I'm kind of clueless to what's wrong with it. My dad has a 2003 Focus (IE: 2002 Focus + seat warmers) and it doesn't happen to him. Any ideas? /me eyes Zen

16. Pillsbury Flow Boy

Pillsbury Flow Boy The Stairway to Revvin'

when's the last time you changed your oxygen sensor?

and damnit, twin turbo, which uses one turbo to spool at low RPM's, and a larger turbo bolted to a small plate with a control valve or another wastegate, and directly to the exhaust exit on the small turbo, to spool at high rpm's to even out boost flow, is still only single exhaust, you still have to y it after the downpipe, bi-turbo... which is two seperate turbos is what your looking for if you want dual exhaust :p

btw, I'm sorry about that, a pet peeve if you will, people scream twin turbo, with a v-6 or v-8, and have a turbo on each side... and I flip out... and start cutting peoples heads off, and busting out phat solos...

but anyway, yeah, ditch the wing... get a real spoiler, or stock 2-3" decklid wing... car looks good, and I'm diggin the interior... :)

17. Twisted Metal

Are you a member of maxima.org? If not you should be :)

18. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

Last time I changed my O2 sensor, or BP?
    BP, my car does almost the same thing without the rattling, when I first start it up it idles at about 1800 and after I put it into gear it goes down to 1000-1100 or so. I don't know why this is... it doesn't bother me tho. What does bother me is that I get 18 mpg on a four cylinder... BLEH :mad:

19. Twisted Metal

What is the problem? It sounds like you have a high idle.

Mine idles at 700 in drive.

20. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

1800 Neutral Idle ~IS~ high, below 1000 neutral idles are more common, in drive, only high-torque engines typically have below 1000 idles.

Mine idles 850n/1300d

And you know, I discovered something today, if you disable O/d, your automatic shifts like a manual would.